Good old inches vs pounds question

Options
So I've been thinking. I know that inches speak far louder than the scale, and I know people can lose almost no weight but lose many inches. So instead of creating an overly large deficit of 750-1000 calories a day to lose 1.5lbs-2lbs a week, is it possible to only deficit 500 calories a day, thus losing a pound a week, and still lose many inches? As much as I like to believe inches more, the number on the scale means a lot and I have in my mind that if I don't see the number move, I'm not losing anything.
So even if you factor muscle in there, and you still love one pound a week, can you still physically see the difference that you might see at 2 pounds lost?
(The bottom line is: Is it really worth losing more if it's still going to look slimmer. I know, just take your time and wait, but I really don't want to wait a year :( )

Replies

• kittyconni
    Options
    I have been going to the Metabolic Research Center since March. I have lost 59 pounds so far and as of last week, 44 3/4 inches! On the Metabolic plan that I am on, I only take in between 500-750 calories a day. So yeah, I am losing both pounds and inches. I know that the caloric intake is very low...but that is what I eat according to their plan. I went from a tight size 20 to now an 11/12 is getting too big.
  • Meraid
    Meraid Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    But what happens in the opposite direction? Say I eat usually 1300 a day with a deficit of 750. If I up that too 1525 and the pounds come off slower, will inches still come off relatively fast or will they also slow down?