Opposite of an NSV...a non NSV?

Options
A colleague of my mums told her he thought I'd "gained some weight". I've lost a stone since he last saw me. Definite low point. :(

Replies

• shayla21marie
    shayla21marie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Who is he to make a comment about your weight?! Also if he doesn't see you often... Keep on truckin' and forget about those typed of comments, I know its hard, but think of it as a slap in the face to him next time you step on that scale and are down even more pounds!

Feel free to add me :)<3
  • lynndur
    lynndur Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What he meant was that you look different but he couldn't put his finger on exactly what had changed. Your shape has changed. He clumsily attributed it to weight gain, but really he just meant 'something is different about her'.

Just smile serenely and carry on carrying on.
  • PrincessMiriamele
    PrincessMiriamele Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Why did your mum tell you? Think she should have kept quiet about that one - not helpful! xx
  • azwethinkweizm
    azwethinkweizm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Understand how you feel. After losing nearly 50lbs I mentioned it to a colleague at work and he said "you don't look any different to me?" and it really got me down. BUT... keep going - don't let these comments get to you, people don't realise the strength behind their words! I'm sure after losing a stone you just look "different" to him iykwim?! x
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice x