Flip flops

Options

Replies

• restoreleanne
    restoreleanne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I sure couldn't use a treadmill in flip-flops, but i regularly use (my own personal) elliptical in bare feet. My husband cringes, but it doesn't bother me at all.

I never wear shoes on my elliptical it make my go toes numb. I dont thing I would do it a the gym.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Due to a problem with my toes, I've never worn flip flops.

But even so, I just don't understand the use of them? Why do people wear them? Do people like how they look? Do your feet really get that hot in shoes?
  • PurpleEpiphany
    Options
    Maybe it's just that I'm enough of a spaz to know that if I wore flip flops on the elliptical, I would likely manage to injure myself and possibly some hapless bystander in the process :)
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else seen people at the gym on the treadmill or elliptical in flip flops? I'm not talking sandals with a strap to hold them on, but full-on flip flops. Wouldn't that just make it so much more difficult to work out? I don't get it.

Try that crap in my gym and they boot you out on the spot.
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else seen people at the gym on the treadmill or elliptical in flip flops? I'm not talking sandals with a strap to hold them on, but full-on flip flops. Wouldn't that just make it so much more difficult to work out? I don't get it.

Yes, I saw a lady at my gym on the elliptical with flip flops on. She wasn't going very fast.
    I personally don't understand it and wouldn't do it, but each to their own...
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Flip Flops were meant to wear to the shower or around the pool. Not every day, every where, every occasion.

Oh, so close, but I'm afraid the answer we were looking for was "Flip Flops were meant to wear to the shower or around the pool AND every day, every where, every occasion."
  • chrishgt4
    Options
    That's just one of the thousands of things that people do that has absolutely no impact on my life.

Amen.

I keep hearing how the world is such a bad place. There's war. And a bad economy. And this. And that. But no matter how bad we've got it, there's time in the day to debate wearing flip flops at the gym. Sometimes I wonder what the generations who had to face the Great Depression or World War II would think about our "problems."

So what you're suggesting that the only topics worthy of discussion are those that gravely affect our lives?? I bet you're a hoot...
  • Janedebond
    Options
    Are you sure they're not "FITFLOPS"? I wear mine all the time.
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    That's just one of the thousands of things that people do that has absolutely no impact on my life.

Amen.

I keep hearing how the world is such a bad place. There's war. And a bad economy. And this. And that. But no matter how bad we've got it, there's time in the day to debate wearing flip flops at the gym. Sometimes I wonder what the generations who had to face the Great Depression or World War II would think about our "problems."

No one is saying that it is a problem. Its just a silly topic in "chit-chat, fun, and games"
    Highly doubt anyone finds this to actually impact their life. Lighten up!

LOL indeed. Some people just delight in their new-found ability to tell people on the internet what they can't mustn't or shouldn't rant about... :laugh:
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    So what you're suggesting that the only topics worthy of discussion are those that gravely affect our lives?? I bet you're a hoot...

Yeah maybe we can discuss wars and the economy at more length... :wink: :drinker:
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options

Yeah maybe we can discuss wars and the economy at more length... :wink: :drinker:

Only if there is free liquor.
  • chrishgt4
    Options

Only if there is free liquor.

Not with the economy the way it is...
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Flip Flops were meant to wear to the shower or around the pool. Not every day, every where, every occasion.

With that stick up there it must get real tough to sit sometimes.
    ^^ Yup.
    I wear flip flops most places, to the gym? never! I might hurt my poor flip flop!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Would you skip your workout if you got to the gym and found out you did not have running shoes?

Yes. But also, if I were going to the gym, I would make a point to wear or have the right clothing, just like if I was going ice skating, I'd have ice skates.
  • magj0y
    Options

But even so, I just don't understand the use of them? Why do people wear them? Do people like how they look? Do your feet really get that hot in shoes?

It's the next best thing to BAREFOOT! LOL. I grew up in Cali... so. Anyway, I never really cared what other people thing, especially when it came to clothes.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Every-day wear flip flops are the devil. I hate when I can't get to where I'm going because there is a flock of girls in flip flops walking slowly because flip flops are not made for walking. Down with flip flops, up with normal sandals!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options

That sort of blows my mind, haha. We have about a month or two here that it's too "cold" for flip flops but besides that.. my entire family, all year. It's just what you wear, they're easy to kick off in the sand, etc. I have about a million pairs in all colors/styles, cheapy ones, nice ones etc. And YES, feet really do get that hot in shoes when it's as hot as deep fried Hell outside. Just thinking about wearing "real" shoes outside of the gym in the summer makes me want to scream.
  • magj0y
    Options
    Every-day wear flip flops are the devil. I hate when I can't get to where I'm going because there is a flock of girls in flip flops walking slowly because flip flops are not made for walking. Down with flip flops, up with normal sandals!

They're not slow because they're wearing flipflops, they're slow because they're a flock of girls. My kids walk just fine in them. Of course they know better than to go slow when they're with me. I don't do slow except at the beach.
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I love flip flops...I wear them sometimes when I ride my stationary bike (in my bedroom).
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    They are not permitted in the exercise areas at the YMCA.