Stretch Marks. . . Okay to show?

Options
13»

Replies

• wannaplay2505
    Options
    No one is perfect or has the perfect body. Besides, Selma Hayek has stretch marks and she's sexy as hell....
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Is it gross when a girl wears short shorts and belly shirts if she is not overweight but still has stretch marks? I'm looking for answers from both men and women.

It's gross to the viewer of your marks who is a shallow stupid a$s person who isn't worthy of your time and attention...

But to those that are decent, kind, respectable people that love life and strive for the best in all of us, you're gorgeous!

Awe, love this!

I say, go for it honey!

I have a friend who is beautiful and has stretch marks (albeit light), and she works parties as a go go dancer. Believe me, no one minds.
  • OnTheReg
    OnTheReg Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with stretch marks. I saw a woman in a bikini with a straight up vertical scar running down her stomach (non c-section scar at that.) I saw nothing wrong with it. You can still be sexy with stretch marks.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    My stretch marks are too light to be noticeable but my cellulite can put on a whole show. I don't care. I'm always working hard to eat healthy and improve my fitness. So, if my cellulite wants to come along for the ride? Fine.
  • mcnuss911
    mcnuss911 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    WHO CARES, ALMOST EVERYONE HAS THEM! I HAD THEM WHEN I WAS 105 LBS IN HIGH SCHOOL (AND OF COURSE GOT MORE AFTER 3 KIDS AND WEIGHT GAIN). LET THEM SHOW :)
  • aylawill
    aylawill Posts: 65
    Options
    I have stretch marks on my hips and thighs from weight gain and just growing some hips. I'm starting to get a little more comfortable in shorts now, but never used to wear them because I hated my legs. I see nothing wrong with showing stretch marks, even though I'm not always comfortable with it when it comes to myself. :)
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    show em, if someone has an issue with it, screw em.
    This is the most appropriate answer.

Someone not wanting to see your stretchmarks doesn't necessarily make them a terrible person, it makes them a person with different opinions on what is and is not appropriate to show in public. Saying they're shallow or stupid is kind of missing the point that people all have their own stupid opinions (and they're all stupid—the opinions, of course). Of course, then some people really are just shallow, but man, who cares what they think at all?

That said, if you're comfortable with baring your stretchmarks then more power to you; I feel that one should be comfortable with their skin, however it may appear. And if you're not, do what you have to in order to feel comfortable. But if you aren't bothered by the fact that someone may feel it inappropriate to show then great! Wear them with pride. As long as you're comfortable, that's all that matters. As long as you are and if others aren't—then screw 'em.
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Go for it!
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't even understand why stretch marks bother people at all. I have tons of them and they are literally of zero concern to me. *shrugs* I have OTHER things I dislike about my body, so it's not like I don't get that. I just really don't see the big deal about stretch marks. And if you wore a bikini that showed them, you would probably have to point them out to me and yell "SEE, THEY'RE RIGHT HERE!" What I really don't get is why people would be bothered by them on someone else's body. That is truly weird to me.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I sure hope not because 3 kids later I have them. None on my stomach, but my upper thighs and hips (straight to where my fat goes). I kinda wish I had known that before gaining 40-some pounds with my first pregnancy,,,

Oh I wish I could go back and not gain 60-70 lbs with each pregnancy! If I had known I was gonna be the stretch mark queen, I would have not eaten everything in sight when I was preggers!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Damn stretch marks and loose skin!!! :sad: ... People call them 'battle wounds' from pregnancy, but as much as I love the kids - I could do without the 'battle wounds' :grumble: Of course I want a perfectly flat wash board tummy, I work so hard, but don't think it's ever gonna come - especially with the loose skin, what am I supposed to do with THAT?!?... it's so so so sad. :cry:

Oh, sorry, off topic? No, it doesn't bother me to see them on others, it makes me feel more 'normal'.

Not off topic at all cuz I have that too! LOL It's so great to see all the women who feel the same as me! You have all given me the confidence to walk outside in my bikini top today!! I really do feel like a Tigress. . . Rawr!! :wink:
  • Sandraleigh87
    Sandraleigh87 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Show em! I hid mine for years! I refused to wear any kind of swim suit in public. I decided that I didn't want my kids to have the same body images that I have so I sucked it up and spent tons of last summer and some of this summer at beaches wearing a bikini. It has helped me to accept myself and to be more comfortable with my own body. We all have flaws!!! And everyone, no matter how perfect you think they are, has their own set of insecurities.

GET COMFORTABLE WITH THEM.....IT TAKES A LOT LESS EFFORT THAN STRESSING OVER EM :)
  • viad25720
    viad25720 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    As long as you're not at Walmart (u could end up on that site!) Go for it :happy:

Seriously though I have a bunch, I'm not down weight yet, but i do know that if i get there it b nice to wear a bikini for the first time! And I'm gonna! I only don't like the belly shirts n short shorts in people who are dressed sloppily for their size, doesn't mean they're fat. Let me explain (we've all seen it!)

A young woman who is probably only a size 8 or so chose to squeeze herself into a size 4 n therefore gave herself a huge muffin top! Just wear proper sizes and confidence is key to sexiness :-)
  • viad25720
    viad25720 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I sure hope not because 3 kids later I have them. None on my stomach, but my upper thighs and hips (straight to where my fat goes). I kinda wish I had known that before gaining 40-some pounds with my first pregnancy,,,

Oh I wish I could go back and not gain 60-70 lbs with each pregnancy! If I had known I was gonna be the stretch mark queen, I would have not eaten everything in sight when I was preggers!

My first one was it for me! Tons of little marks especially. Gained about 40 lbs. Most between month 5-8 (he was born 5 weeks early) it was unnecessary for me, just ate too much. Good news is baby 2 and 3 already had the way paved, I got no new ones from them, so all mine have faded. My new mom sister in law is jealous! :tongue:
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Oh wow! my faith in humanity has been restored!
    I'm not sure I'll ever be comfortable showing mine off, but then again, maybe if I get some abs I will!
    But the gorgeous responses to the OP's question has cheered me up no end!
    I don't have stretch marks. I have a road map with contours and all on my belly!
  • HamsterNut
    HamsterNut Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Faded old stretch marks blend in on most skin tones anyway, i dont like fresh red/pink/purple ones as I think they look sore so I dont show mine but I dont have a problem with other people showing theirs off , better things in life to worry about!
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am going to be honest. A girl who I know wears a tiny bikini and is covered in stretch marks. I don't think it's attractive. HOWEVER. I admire her strength to do it. I am also covered in stretch marks and I cover them up. People will judge, everyone does, but if you are comfortable and it doesn't bother you then show them.