Started the 30 day shred! What's your experience?

Options
13»

Replies

• diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started this again on Sunday but am doing a modified version and I think I was waaay to ambitious.

Sunday = D1 L1
    Monday = Kickboxing class 90 minutes
    Tuesday = Barefoot running clinic
    Wednesday = D1 L1 and then my chiropractor said to take a couple of days off as my calf muscles are soooo tight and sore he thinks I may have torn a bit and I can barely walk :-(

So I think I'm going to have to tone it down a bit but I love doing the exercises as it's only 20 minutes and a great replacement for my usual BMF sessions which I'm not doing while I focus on getting my barefoot running correct.
  • bikerbabe1971
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am doing it for the second time round... I first did the whole 30 days about 3 months ago and had some fantastic results. I start is again last week and I am on day 8 level 1 today. I can't wait to move up to level 2 on day 11 because its a nicer set of exercises I think!!

How are you all recording it in your exercise diary? I don't see it listed as an exercise so I am having to record as much of it as I can separately in bits of cardio and bits of strength training... is that what you all do? If anyone has any idea of how to do it better please can you message me???

Have fun everyone!!
    Leigh :o)
  • virgocoley
    virgocoley Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 Level one of the shred. I have to say I do love it but it is harder than I thought. I found myself screaming at Jillian 'are you f***ing kidding me?' I felt great afterwards though.

Can wait to start seeing results. I'm also doing before and after pics so I can see if it has made a difference.

I log it as 25 mins circuit training

Happy shredding !!!!
  • skittlepower
    skittlepower Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have just started, and just completed day 2 level 1. Oh my word my legs are KILLING but I feel so motivated.
  • virgocoley
    Options
    I have just started, and just completed day 2 level 1. Oh my word my legs are KILLING but I feel so motivated.

that is what is keeping me going, I feel really motivated seeing the progress everyone else has made
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 15th day (2nd time round) and I'm bored of it now!

I can't see much difference in myself, and I really don't like Jillian - I keep her on mute now and have music on in the background instead of hearing her and the cheesy music they have playing!
  • deadgirl81
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am doing it for the second time round... I first did the whole 30 days about 3 months ago and had some fantastic results. I start is again last week and I am on day 8 level 1 today. I can't wait to move up to level 2 on day 11 because its a nicer set of exercises I think!!

How are you all recording it in your exercise diary? I don't see it listed as an exercise so I am having to record as much of it as I can separately in bits of cardio and bits of strength training... is that what you all do? If anyone has any idea of how to do it better please can you message me???

Have fun everyone!!
    Leigh :o)

I tend to log mine as Circuit Training
  • virgocoley
    Options

I can't see much difference in myself, and I really don't like Jillian - I keep her on mute now and have music on in the background instead of hearing her and the cheesy music they have playing!

Have you taken before and after pictures of your self - maybe you will notice a difference that way
  • deadgirl81
    Options

Have you taken before and after pictures of your self - maybe you will notice a difference that way

Yeah I have - the measurements say there is a loss, but in myself, I can't notice any difference - I still feel I look the same as I did before I started - maybe just me!
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I did it through once from beg of June and although I didn't stick to the 1200 cals a day I saw a significant difference in my body shape and fitness levels.
    I have now come back from hols where I relaxed too much and have as of yesterday started again (but all at L3) and am going to stick to the 1200 cals too so we shall see.

It does get easier and I too swear at her a lot during the workouts and if she flares her nostrils at me one more time I swear I will chuck one of my hand weights at the TV... Still I love her because she gets results..

Good luck
    Jules xx
  • mrsdarty
    mrsdarty Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot 2 n 150 pounds and by my HRM I burn on average 210 to 240 calories :)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I did it in January, and now I'm back at it again.

The first time I did it, I was very out of shape, couch potato, and pushing 50 years old. After Day 2 I was very sore. I took a rest day and then pressed through. Rest days can be beneficial because they allow your muscles to repair, it is in the repairing that they get stronger.

I suggest that if you find there are moves that consistently hurt you to do, then substitute some other move... after you press through the initial soreness you should be able to tell what is just muscle soreness from working and what is joint pain. Try as best you can, and make sure you are doing the form properly. But if any of the cardio moves hurt, do another cardio move instead just as long as you keep that heart rate up and don't stop. You will still see results if you don't do every single move exactly.

If you are very out of shape and never exercise, if it is too hard with the hand weights, do it without for a few times without any hand weights and build up your stamina a little bit first. It's still a good workout with no weights.
  • neat0
    neat0 Posts: 16
    Options
    I have to say my left arm struggled with the weights while doing the exercises, but today I'm not in much pain, can feel the odd twinge in my thighs from the squatting and lunging though. Will definitely be doing it again tonight :)
  • I just finished level 1/day 9 today :) the first couple of day I was SO sore and could barely walk, and I couldn't do the whole workout without taking a bunch of breaks. But now on day 9 my endurance has definitely improved and I can get through the whole thing.
  • softgreenside
    Options
    I started with the 30 Day Shred and then ended up doing Ripped in 30. I can't stand her voice so i listen to my own music while doing the workouts. that is the only way i can get through the 30 mins. of my workout. The videos do work if you stick to it and eat well. I do cheat here and there just so i don't crave something and deprive myself of it.
  • Sharon_73
    Sharon_73 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am on day 6 of level 2. I really like it! It is nice that It is only a short workout but you pack a lot of exercise in to a short time period. After this I will be doing the Ripped in 30.