How many eggs is too many eggs?

Options
I eat a lot of eggs at the moment, around 35 a week and wondered how many of you use eggs as a large part of your protein intake. Am i eating eating too many and can this be bad for me?

Replies

• valmb2
    valmb2 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but I have chickens and I eat a lot too; egg whites though, not the yolks. Ewww, they freak me out.
  • mowu
    mowu Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    If it fits with your calories and your macros I don't think I've heard anything adverse about it (unlike fish in which case you could be setting yourself up for an increased intake of undesirable heavy metals due to it being accumulated)
  • KNarrainen
    KNarrainen Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I don't see that it will harm you, but an average of 5 eggs a day does seem quite a lot, I would be sick of eggs pretty quickly.

Maybe try mixing up with other sources of protein for variety?
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Guess it would depend on your overall health. I am restricted to 2 per week
  • Baybbee123
    Baybbee123 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I actually heard on the radio just about 10 minutes ago that 1 egg consists of 1/3 of your cholesterol for the day :ohwell:

Not sure if it's completely backed up by anything so I don't want to spread any untrue information - I haven't done the research on it, but it may be something you might want to check with your doctor about or do some research on? Eggs are delicious and great though!
  • myth4ever
    myth4ever Posts: 372
    Options
    It is my main source of protein.....egg whites that is.....I stop counting how many I use....but 35 is usually passed by Tuesday or Wednesday morning!
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    Options
    hmm....well they are a very cheap form of protein. I normally eat white or eat the whole thing if im needed the fat content. I would eat more tinned fish but was eating soo much i almost started injecting it! Seriously though that stuff makes me wanna puke now. :sick:
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 whole eggs a day.

I think unless you have a problem with your cholesterol and have been told by a doctor to cut down your intake then there is nothing wrong with eating that many.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i would keep an eye on cholesterol. 35 whole eggs sounds like a lot, and i also remember that one whole egg is about half your daily recommended cholesterol intake.
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    Options
    i would keep an eye on cholesterol. 35 whole eggs sounds like a lot, and i also remember that one whole egg is about half your daily recommended cholesterol intake.

interesting. I didn't know eggs had soo much cholesterol in them. Maybe i'l cut out the yolks and get my fats elsewhere. Just not tinned fish!
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    "I can eat 50 eggs" Cool Hand Luke
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Guess it would depend on your overall health. I am restricted to 2 per week

I have read no more than 3 per week, but if it fits in your macros, I don't see an issue with it.
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    Options
    It is my main source of protein.....egg whites that is.....I stop counting how many I use....but 35 is usually passed by Tuesday or Wednesday morning!

Wow! But looking at the size of your muscles dude maybe i should eat more! :)
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    if you have more than 2, you are deformed
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Wow 35 is a lot! My mummy used to say no more than 3 a week, but whatever works for you. :flowerforyou:

as a rule of thumb I feel it makes sense to have everything in moderation...
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Eggs are a really great food nutritionally. The amount of cholesterol in eggs is nothing to worry about.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    It's too many if you'e always having sulfuric stinky egg farts and burps. :sick: