The hangover

Options

Replies

• mirandamayhem
    Options
    Orange lucozade, crisps, (the ones for kids like banshee bones, wheelies or hot lips) and then a Chinese or Indian that evening. I had to kinda give up drinking cis my hangovers were lasting 3-4 days!! So now it's just birthdays, weddings etc.

This is my problem. 24 to 48 hours written off nowadays
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Another shot, a Coke and a Big Mac. Terrible I know but there it is. Works for me every time the Captain and I have a go!
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Depends on the degree of hangover...always LOTS of water- then usually something greasy and bad for me like a burger or pizza then after I'm feeling a little better I crave something healthy, like grilled chicken and salad.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    The Captain kicks like a mule
  • Sid1988
    Sid1988 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Can never sleep. Run, rubbish food, cold shower and a little sh*g if its going always helps

ha ha ha i love this!
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Oh and since I usually have to pee at some point in the early morning, I take a vitamin when I get up at that point. Might be totally mental but days I do that seems to be easier than days i don't!
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    pickles!!
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Things I do to TRY and prevent a hang over (and it usually works!)

* Eat food whilst drinking
    * Drink water or soft drink/soda between drinks
    * Drink HEAPS of water or better yet have some Hydralite with water before going to bed
    * Eating some food before going to bed (I usually opt for a slice of toast or something easy)
    * Take some panadol/ibrufen/asprin first thing in the morning with lots of water or hydralite.

I ALWAYS crave fatty & greasy food --- like McDonald's or big english breakfast!

I rarely get hang overs anymore during this method --- especially the last 3 dot points! The most I get now is a bit of a headache which doesn't stick around long! Happy and sensible drinking folks! :drinker:
  • Sid1988
    Sid1988 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    a berocca and a big mac.
  • bellaburch85
    Options
    GingerBread or anything that has ginger in it. Stops me feeling sick! :) Then drink lots of water!
  • thebigcb
    Options
    Can never sleep. Run, rubbish food, cold shower and a little sh*g if its going always helps

ha ha ha i love this!

You like running as well yeah? lol
  • Thelma6658
    Options
    Kraft Mac & cheese with salsa and hot dog!!! Sounds gross but is actually pretty good !
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Oh dominos... pepperoni, mushroom, meatballs and jalapenos... lots of honey mustard and garlic dip... stop it
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    To avoid it altogether;
    Before you go to bed take a two or three aspirin and a multivitamin and drink a large glass of tap water.
    The vitamins help your body while your liver is busy(I guess?), the aspirin helps with an headaches and the water prevents the dehydration that causes most of the symptoms anyway.
  • thebigcb
    Options
    If you can avoid a hangover by drinking water at the end of the night

You haven;t hit it hard enough
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I've never gotten drunk enough to have a hangover because the people I hung out with liked to prank drunk friends. I stop at 5 drinks and when I get home, I drink about a liter of water.

Other things that helped: don't mix drink types (no beer and hard liquor) and eat a big meal (bread always works for me) before you drink.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    If you can avoid a hangover by drinking water at the end of the night

You haven;t hit it hard enough

Well, I don't find blackouts and random puking to be fun. Enjoy your pain.
  • thebigcb
    Options
    I've never blackout in my life
  • nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Continue drinking till you pass out.

Problem solved.

:drinker:
  • poshcouture
    Options
    I've only had one hangover in my life but it seemed to have been cured with McDonalds breakfast and a morning laying on the couch.

Exactly this! After downing a whole bottle of cheap vodka, I found that McDonald's breakfast and a soda was the remedy.