My mother must hate me:o)

2»

Replies

• mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Today I've been trying to drink TONS of water, I ran which made me feel a little better. I'm going to sleep and I'll get up tomorrow and run and try to pretend today never happened:laugh: Eat more veggies than usual:bigsmile:
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Oh CycleDiva! That's right! I had the cook even totally alter the recipe of the Maui Chicken for me to put the ham and cheese on baked chicken, no bread, steamed veggies no butter! LOL

I don't know if I ever did the buffet other than maybe for a salad? How funny...

PL-
    Oh the Malibu Chicken. When I was pregnant with Dj I would eat the Malibu Chicken w/
    a steak every day i worked. It was bad! :sick:
    Guess that's why I gained a gazillion lbs when I was
    pregnant with him. :noway: Thank god I only craved fruit and good thing with the other two kids.:happy:

MK-
    I too resorted to tons of water today, salad and fruit for my lunch. I had a horrible weekend. Well not
    that bad, but I didn't exercise for 2 days..unheard of for me :ohwell:
    I felt like a failure :tongue: But I did 45 minutes of the eliptical and 50 minutes on the stationary bike. I was watching a show on lifetime so it made it easy. I'm bummed I could ride my bike outside
    today do to the nasty wind :angry:
    So here's to a new week :drinker:
    Kel~
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    We went to see my parents yesterday also, and she had...
    meatballs,
    pork roast
    chicken francese
    spaghetti
    chicken wings
    mashed potatoes

she had a conglomeration of stuff (some brought by my brother and to feed his picky sons)

but notice. no veggies.
    I had a teenie slice of pork
    1 meatball and literally a tablespoon of potatoes.

the sauce was the closest thing to a veggie on my plate?!
    I didn't have the heart to say anything!
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Well I had to work on mothers day and did not get to be with my children or my mom. My ex-husband di not have my daughter call me and wish me a happy mothers day so basically I had a horrible day. I am commited to changing my life style and am doing very well but if I had to eat cheesecake all day long just to be with my family today i would have.

:sad:

You put it all into perspective for us. Thank you.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Jenbar!

OMG that's like my MIL...I remember going over there...and we would always have fried this, or gravy creamed that! GAG!!!

I can't stand creamed anything! And oOOooOOOhHHH!!! The guilt of fried! I can't stand it!

I would have done the teenie thing too...good girl. :tongue:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Pshaw! you gotta do what you gotta do. If you have told your mother that you eat healthy, and she still buys this, she either genuinely doesn't have a clue that it's unhealthy or she does know and didn't think it was important enough to order you something that wasn't quite so evil. In the first case, you can just, respectfully, educate her on the topic of trans fat and simple carbohydrates. In the second, you can say to her that while you appreciate her buying you lunch, you would rather buy something healthy and eat that while the others eat their KFC, if she doesn't get the hint, then there is nothing really to be done besides being aware for the next time and bringing a "secret" lunch that you keep in the car just in case this type of thing happens again. Don't let guilt play a factor in your health. Because if you eat that stuff, you'll feel guilty about it after, and if you don't you shouldn't need to feel guilty about it.
    My mother has a plate of home made brownies sitting there every time I come over, I almost always politely refuse every time she offers, she understands, but that doesn't stop her from offering. I don't know why she does, but I guess some mothers just don't get it.