Ever heard of the King, queen, pauper diet?

Options
well my friend is doing this sounds like it might work:

you eat like a King for breakfast
A queen for lunch
and a pauper for dinner

What do you think? will it work?

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Let me get my crystal ball
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Yes, or no.

It depends on what the king, queen and pauper eat really.

If you mean eat big early and less late then in my opinion it does not make a blind bit of difference to blubbler slashing.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options

A queen for lunch
    and a pauper for dinner

It'll work if you stick to it. Same number of calories, just spread out differently. It's been said for years. I've never heard it called a diet.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    lol I do the reverse. Pauper for breakfast, queen lunch and king dinner. Honestly, I don't think it matters one bit. As long as there is a cal deficit you'll lose.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the eat like a boss diet... like a boss.
  • simonlcube
    simonlcube Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It does not matter when you eat your food over the day except to the degree it helps you manage controlling what you actually eat. If this pattern helps you then go for it.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I've heard it tossed around as a trite bit of conventional wisdom, but never heard of it as a diet. A lot of people combine it with the whole "you have to jumpstart your metabolism" BS, so if that's what you're thinking, then know that it's an idea without merit. Some people find that eating this way helps keep them less hungry throughout the day, but that's one of those things that varies from person and you'd just have to try and see if it works for you.

Meal timing comes down to personal preference, nothing more. Whether it's this plan of decreasing meal size, or a plan of six small meals a day, or intermittent fasting, or any other way you can think of, it's all just a matter of going with what will allow you to be successful.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    lol I do the reverse. Pauper for breakfast, queen lunch and king dinner. Honestly, I don't think it matters one bit. As long as there is a cal deficit you'll lose.

^^^^ This is me, too. Although sometimes my queen and pauper change places. ;)
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options

A queen for lunch
    and a pauper for dinner

If you eat at a deficit, you can call the rest of what you do whatever you want...
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    It's silly. It pretty much doesn't matter when you eat, or how you space your meals.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    It's fine as long as your total calories are less than you burn.

I've usually heard it as King, Prince, and Pauper. But either way it doesn't make sense. Don't you think a Queen or Prince would get as lavish a meal as a King?
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    often fasting till lunch and it doesnt change a thing, total of calories + exercise is what matters,
    then anything that helps you control your hunger, if it is a big breakfast, then go for it!
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options

A queen for lunch
    and a pauper for dinner

If you eat at a deficit, you can call the rest of what you do whatever you want...

OKAY :happy: :bigsmile:
    I eat a Magical Princess Breakfast, a Sparkly Magician Lunch and a Sea Fairy Dinner. :drinker:
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

Ditto. No way I could eat a big meal for breakfast and a tiny meal for dinner.
  • scottg1024
    scottg1024 Posts: 224
    Options
    I am a pauper - though for me the system does work. For me - since I'm going to get all jacked up on coffee in the morning - a bigger breakfast keeps me going. My boss frowns upon me taking naps in my office in the afternoon, so a light lunch is better. Thick cheese pizza for lunch could cost me my job. As for dinner, it's usually what ever I can scrape up so it's leftover chicken or beef and not a huge calorie thing.
  • scottg1024
    scottg1024 Posts: 224
    Options

A queen for lunch
    and a pauper for dinner

OKAY :happy: :bigsmile:
    I eat a Magical Princess Breakfast, a Sparkly Magician Lunch and a Sea Fairy Dinner. :drinker:

I wanna eat at your house!! Should I bring my own Lucky Charms? Everyone's always after mine here...
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options

^^^^ This is me, too. Although sometimes my queen and pauper change places. ;)

Me too! I'm not hungry in the mornings and I get less controlled as the day goes on so it's good that I can go home and stuff my face! :D (on healthy dinners ofc!)
  • Jross1400
    Options
    This diet definitely works. It's not silly at all.. Most people know that breakfast is a metabolism booster so eating a big breakfast will boost your metabolism. Also you burn more calories during the morning and early afternoon than you do at night. This makes perfect sense although everyone is different I suppose. Never eat after 9pm and cutting out fast food and soft drinks will go a long way as well.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    This diet definitely works. It's not silly at all.. Most people know that breakfast is a metabolism booster so eating a big breakfast will boost your metabolism. Also you burn more calories during the morning and early afternoon than you do at night. This makes perfect sense although everyone is different I suppose. Never eat after 9pm and cutting out fast food and soft drinks will go a long way as well.

Sorry but that is false.

Your metabolism isn't boosted when you eat breakfast in the morning. Your metabolism is running all day everyday.. the only reason why you would burn more calories during the day is because you are more active. A lot of "experts" have said to eat a large breakfast and smaller meals throughout the day but it has never been proven to do anything. Check out all the success stories here from those who do intermittent fasting and sometimes don't eat until 2pm. They lose a great amount of weight. It all boils down to what is better for each person. If I have the day off I have a big breakfast only because I have the time to. Some days I won't eat until 12pm or after.

Why shouldn't you eat after 9pm? There is nothing wrong with eating later at night... many people do and have lost a lot of weight. The only reason not to is if it disrupts your sleep.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Let me get my crystal ball

Consult the oracle:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKW_JoF8rrqshZEfQlW9JuiUJdKd6GrjxXkh_H4xxiUBDLMCGF