Strength training

Options
2»

Replies

• GrumpyAG
    GrumpyAG Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Oh and stick in some planks and side planks too :) You gotta love the plank :)
  • Discogirl15
    Options
    Oh and stick in some planks and side planks too :) You gotta love the plank :)
    SO true! I can really feel the burn when I do planks! It is great when you can really feel your abs getting stronger! I am trying to break my record for a plank (1 minute, 30 seconds) I know it's not much, but I felt so good when I lasted that long!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I started of with "against the wall" push-ups. Basically, I would stand a couple feet away from a wall and lean into it. Then use my arms to push myself back to standing straight. Once I worked up to 25 of those, I switched to the modified "girl" push-ups where I leave my knees on the floor and use my arms to push up the upper half of my body. I have now worked up to 20 of those. I hope to do a real push-up soon. :happy:

I just started trying planks. I was able to do two last night for about 4 seconds.

I just try things and see what I can do. I log it on MFP and try to do a little better each time.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any beginner routines for a 18 year ols teen girl looking just to shape up, NOT bulk up? Ones that have very easy to follow instructions and only require hand weights? Thank you!

You can't bulk up if you are only lifting your own body weight. Gillon23's list above is an excellent starting point for any beginner. Just do however many of each that you can and gradually add one more each time.
  • Discogirl15
    Options
    So, do you think it would be good for me to just stick to lunges, push ups, sit ups, weight lifts and stuff for like, 2 months and then when I think I can handle it just add a few more reps?