Hit one of my Goals!! :)

Options
Freyja2023
Freyja2023 Posts: 158 Member
4 years ago I was 240 pounds and had a BMI of amost 40. I started to workout and eat healthy and 2 years later I hit the BMI and was finally in the overweight section. For me that was a great feeling as I was no longer obsese. This morning 2 years later again Finally reached a Healthy BMI 24.9. With only 5 pounds left for me to hit my orginal goal of 140 I feel pretty darn proud of myself. I had to take a minute to really let it sink in then did a little happy dance around the room :). Thanks for letting me have a place where I can come and feel welcome and share my success.

Replies

• metalvegan
    metalvegan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Congratulations!!
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, congratulations!!!
  • caitdev
    caitdev Posts: 10
    Options
    Congratulations; what advice do you have for those of us just starting the journey?
  • hougt
    hougt Posts: 1,088
    Options
    Well done :) keep it up!!
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's amazing. I can't wait to get there myself. :D
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    congratulations!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great success!!! Keep strong. :)
  • Kezzaangry
    Kezzaangry Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I too meet one of my major goals this week. Lost 20 kilos!!! Got another 10 to go. Keep going!!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is really exciting!
  • Cathy_ann913
    Cathy_ann913 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome! One of my goals is to get out of the obese range too. At least I can say I'm not morbidly obese now. I'll get there! I'm in it for the long run! Again, congratulations and wishing you continued success.

Cathy
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    WooHoo!!!!
  • bkesecker
    bkesecker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I wish you well with your last 5 pounds.
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Happy Dance!!! Way to go ... super inspiring.
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Congratulations...You did an excellent job. Getting down to a normal BMI is my goal too!
  • BodyCombatGirl73
    BodyCombatGirl73 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Enjoy your success and do a happy dance all day! What committment to reach your goal!
  • geezer99
    geezer99 Posts: 92
    Options
    Wow -- four years of focused work ! Inspiring!
  • oldhorizontal
    Options
    Congratulations!! Healthy BMI is a major achievement ....my wife did the same "happy dance" a few months ago. :smile:
  • alison0511
    Options
    Congrats!! =) We have the same goal of 140, but you're ahead of me! I am currently within 5 pounds of moving out of "obese" and into "overweight", and am already really excited about that coming up, so I totally understand..... Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Freyja2023
    Freyja2023 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Congratulations; what advice do you have for those of us just starting the journey?

Thanks everyone :) My advice to someone just starting the journey would be:

1- water is your friend drink it everyday!

2-food journal is very important, track everything

3-personal journal so you have someplace to write down all that you are feeling and doing, that way you have an outlet that reduces stress

4-ignore anyone that trys to make you feel bad in any way!

5-exercise may be hard in the beginning but gets easier and before long you want to do it. I love to exercise now and actually feel guilty if I don't :)

and finally: Just keep with it, tell yourself every day that you deserve this, that you are a good person, tap yourself on the back for every single goal no matter how big or small it may be :), it doesn't make you selfish to take time for yourself. surround yourself with positive energy :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!