I said no!

Options
So I have come back to MFP just recently and today and yesterday are my first days back and let me just say that I am very happy with myself as its very slow today at work and when comes the down times comes the eating times and a girl volunteered to run to the drug store for sodas and/or junk. She got everyones order; (one of the ladies got a king size reeses and 3 musketeers and a coke and she complains more than anyone about wanting to lose weight.) and when she got to me....I SAID NO! you have no idea how bad I wanted to ask her to bring me something....just a lil bit of chocolate but it would have not set a good path for me today. Im not hungry just bored...so I immediately got on here to blog it and get my mind in the right state.
But I am very glad that I said no and those little bitty accomplishments will add up to big ones if I can keep up with them.

To everyone who sturggles with those daily humps....just keep truckin and telling yourself....Im stronger than that.....{insert bad thing here} so for me...

IM STRONGER THAN A DARN CHOCOLATE BAR! and by gosh I proved it!

Replies

• Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Good for you =D
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO!!! I'm not sure I would have had that kind of will power... at least not yet!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    kittn welcome back ... and congrats on your willpower.... :flowerforyou:
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Now thats what I'm talkin' about!!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    :noway: I said NO today as well...I was at the deli counter at the grocery store and right there are the cold, bubbly cokes, my usual habit is to grab one and drink it while I finish shopping...I said NO!!!

I have been working out too hard to let that set me back.:happy:
  • proudloser
    Options
    GOOD JOB!!!!!
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    good job!!!! feels good eh :)
  • sunigee
    Options
    One thing I heard that I always keep in mind is, "Its ok to be hungry". I always thought I need to eat when I am hungry, but now I stop and think what have I eaten and whens the last time I ate? Might sound silly, but it really helps me especially at night after dinner when I want to snack. I think my body is so used to me eating it makes me feel hungry when really I should not be. If we change our attitude about feeling hungry I think it puts us back in control.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Great job! keep in that mind set and u will reach ur goal in no time. I let myself splurge a little at lunch with a calzone and even tho I was dying to eat the whole thing, I only let myself eat half and store the rest for dinner.
    these little things add up! keep it up
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!