Options
edwinamac
edwinamac Posts: 24 Member
:grumble:

Replies

• TexasDarling09
    TexasDarling09 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    It may not be for everyone, but I eat a tablespoon of peanut butter or some other kind of fat & give it 15 minutes. I am a HORRIBLE binge eater, and this has really really helped me.
  • tosmoothash
    tosmoothash Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Bump for later read to see what others say. But I think that I am going to try a protein shake at nite for my snack to see if that helps!!!
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I go to bed. You're likely hungry late at night because your body is tired and needs energy.
  • mdove3411
    mdove3411 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    skip breakfast and save calories for night time.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    late night snack...1/4 cup of great value low fat vanilla yogurt with about 10 blueberries and a sprinkle of granola. That keeps my belly happy all night. I eat that about 9pm and am usually going to sleep about 11pm.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    go too bed
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    Drink some water & go to sleep.
  • Captain_Spatchcock
    Options
    i eat
  • cotso
    cotso Posts: 86
    Options
    go too bed

That'll do it! lol
  • mfkn_Titanium
    Options
    skip breakfast and save calories for night time.

What he said. If you know you're gonna wanna eat at night - save some calories for then.
  • andreascarff
    andreascarff Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I agree with only a couple of the posts...
    1. Go to bed
    2. Spoonful of peanut butter
    and 3. Drink some water and then go to bed....

Don't eat right before bed cause it will sit on your stomach and it will be hard to lose the weight. You always want to wait at least 2-3 hours of eating before going to bed. Make 9pm your cut off, if you're going to bed at 11pm. So far it's working for me :)
  • cjc166
    cjc166 Posts: 222
    Options
    go too bed

That'll do it! lol

Ditto. :bigsmile:
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I have my calorie goal set at 1250 calories a day, and it's hard some days to do that. I started MFP last October in full-on binge mode every single night. Insomnia keeps me up until 1 - 3 am, so that sure doesn't help.

I schedule some filling snacks for the evening, and drink stevia-sweetened herb teas. If you don't feel too hungry skipping breakfast or lunch, you might want to try that and save the calories for later, as others here have suggested. But, on the other hand, if taking one bite of food in the evening makes you lose all control, consider that, and just don't eat.
  • impyimpyaj
    Options

Don't eat right before bed cause it will sit on your stomach and it will be hard to lose the weight. You always want to wait at least 2-3 hours of eating before going to bed. Make 9pm your cut off, if you're going to bed at 11pm. So far it's working for me :)

That's not necessarily true, unless that late-night meal puts you over your TDEE. Sugary foods might make it hard to sleep, or some foods might give you indigestion that will keep you up, and if you do that regularly and don't get enough rest as a result THAT can impact your weight loss. But you could theoretically eat all of your daily calories right before bedtime in one huge meal and have the same weight loss results as someone who spaces out their meals, or who eats them all first thing in the morning.
  • impyimpyaj
    Options
    I have my calorie goal set at 1250 calories a day, and it's hard some days to do that. I started MFP last October in full-on binge mode every single night. Insomnia keeps me up until 1 - 3 am, so that sure doesn't help.

I schedule some filling snacks for the evening, and drink stevia-sweetened herb teas. If you don't feel too hungry skipping breakfast or lunch, you might want to try that and save the calories for later, as others here have suggested. But, on the other hand, if taking one bite of food in the evening makes you lose all control, consider that, and just don't eat.

Have you tried an herbal sleep supplement? Hyland's makes a tablet called "Insomnia" that you should be able to get at your local pharmacy or Walmart (or if you live in the boonies like me and can't find it, Amazon has it for cheap) that works WONDERFULLY. It doesn't force you to sleep, it just quiets your mind so that you *can* sleep. It's homeopathic, non-habit-forming, and won't make you groggy in the morning, even if you take it in the middle of the night. You can also try calms forte, or chamomile tea, although I can't do the tea because then I have to pee at 2am. :laugh:
  • Arani70
    Arani70 Posts: 84
    Options
    This is a big problem for me too!

Some tips that have helped me are...

- Brush your teeth (no one likes to eat after that!)
    - Glass of water
    - Reading
    - Peanut butter (It actually helps you sleep too!)
    - Going to sleep (The most simple one)
  • clumsygermangurl
    Options
    go too bed

I second that
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Drink a lot of water or green tea. It helped me last night when I felt like I was going to binge. I also went to bed early as well, that helps. :smile:
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    ...I just schedule foods to eat late. My boyfriend gets off work at 10pm (I get off work at 5) so I used to have a HORRIBLE habit of eating dinner when I got home, and then /again/ with him when he got home.

Nowadays I just eat dinner when I get home from work and leave around 200 calories for a snack when he gets home to eat with him. Instead of feeling 'deprived', just make it work for you!

ETA: Something that helps me with snack urges for chips and things are 34 Degrees whole grain crispbread crackers + some World Table salsa casera. You can have 9 crackers for 35 calories and 1 tablespoon of salsa is only 5 calories! Both are found at walmart. The salsa is pretty hot though!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!