Runners: 5K, What's Your Time?

Options

Replies

• ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    My first 5k kept getting delayed, but I think that helped me work on my time ahead of time. First 5k, 8/5/12, Time 32:41. :happy:
  • InezRny
    InezRny Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wow this is a great question you posted!! I am about to embark upon my first 5k as well It's good to know the time others have made it in!
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Around 30 minutes. Good luck!
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    The first time I did it, I did it in 25:32. That damn hill at the end! I'm doing another one next month and am hoping to finish in 24:00.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I've only run two official 5ks. Last year, after several months of running, I made it in 36:35. This past spring, 30:19.

I've been focusing on longer distances, but will likely get back to 5ks as a mainstay later this year.
  • sixisCHANGEDjk
    Options
    First 5K in January 2012: 28:16
    Next 5K in April 2012: 23:56
    Since then in 2012 a 26:00 is about all I can achieve.

For the first race I think completion without walking is a good goal and I didn't worry about pace too much.
  • gracepittman
    Options
    I have been running off and on for a couple of years now, at the gym on the treadmill. I still find it difficult and my speed has not increased! I tend to do 5k in 37 mins.
  • JeffTCole
    JeffTCole Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    PR is 22:41
    Ran 23:05 last night
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    My first 5K (not in a race setting, but trying for a PR) was about 34 min.

After about a 14 months of running, I did 26:46 as the second half of a 10K, which is a new 5K PR!
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    29 mins 30 seconds has been my practice run.
    i signed up for my first 5K and am doing that the end of August.
  • LooptLou25
    LooptLou25 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I decided to put myself in a 5K next year, and started training Monday this week, walk/jog routine, so probably more walking than running just at the mo, but my time was 49 mins. Second session tonight & hoping to improve on that time!
  • Laurenazz
    Options
    I've only ever done 2 of them, but they were a little less then 29 min time =) pretty goood for a beginner i think *
  • tri10806
    tri10806 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    A 21:26 last Fall has been my best since I was a teenager.
  • Duckz1
    Duckz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My PR is 28:42. It was my only race, did it this past spring. Usually I run somewhere between a 10 and 11 minute mile so more like 30-33 min for that distance. I've been having trouble with side stitches lately so that's been slowing me down quite a bit :\
  • HorganMom3
    HorganMom3 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Not the fastest, but my fastest, and that's what counts.

^^ Love that!!
  • HorganMom3
    Options
    5kpr.jpg
    fist-pump-baby1.jpg

^^ That is just awesome!!! LMAO!! Sounds like something I would do and then post it on the fridge! Lol
  • amh1974
    amh1974 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Snails going backwards move faster than me! 29 minutes for my last 5k. I'm going to attempt a half marathon in October. Wish me luck!
  • HorganMom3
    Options
    I thought the question was PR...maybe not.

My first (post-injury/high school x-c days) 5K was 29:45 in April 2010. In August 2010, I was down to 24.05. I've raced quite a few 5Ks since then and have only knocked 58 seconds off. Current PR is 23.03 and as I stated before, looking to go 21.xx by year's end. Once my marathon is done with, I should have a good chance at doing that...thank you holiday 5K season!

I am very new to this, and ignorance on the matter has hold... I have no idea what "PR" stands for. I will take a wild guess and say "Personal Run"?? As opposed to a 5k that you run in with others?... My question was all of the above!! Give me your PR's, your 5k's, your anything and everything :). I just had no basis of an "average" to see where I stood at. Yes, my main goal is just to complete this 5k, with it being my first one ever. But knowing where I kind of stand as far as time range with others it has helped my confidence... I'm pretty sure I won't be last to cross the finish line, which is all I ask for besides finishing :)
  • sueceeq
    sueceeq Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I did the couch to 5k program last spring and ran my first 5k on father's day. My time was 42:07. At 47 and 239 pounds it felt amazing just to finish :) I have continued to run and hope to do another one soon, it was fun!
  • HorganMom3
    Options
    PR is 19:49 (6:22 pace), but I almost never race them any more.

My least favorite distance to race. A well raced 5k is wall to wall pain and there is almost no margin for error. Longer distances leave room for bad splits here and there.

Well! I'm glad it's not just me. I tend to enjoy the whole experience, but I'm pretty miserable while I'm running.

You should be if you're out there to compete. The goal of a 5k should be to puke or pass out at the finish line.

"To puke or pass out at the finish line"
    Freaking LOVE that!!