Not losing weight in proportion

Options
My weight is all around my middle. I did loads of cardio (only thing could do at first) got down to 9st 7.

I struggled with weights but slowly worked up to 4kg kettlebell (lightest weight for women) and got a home DVD to follow. I actually enjoyed it though I was as stiff as a board the next day! . but gonna try and stick with it.

I've lost weight from everywhere else and rest of body seems a lot thinner you wouldn't think my tummy was as big as it is if you just saw my wrists which are about 5" around now. I look more pregnant than over weight in general.

Boobs have shrunk loads (40" to 34 ") and can see collarbone and ribs outline it is frustrating as I thought my tummy be flat now after 6 and half stone total loss.

I'm only trying the weights as don't want to look like someone from starving country just all bones and a swollen tummy still! I've tried as intense cardio as I can manage, I've tried no exercise I've tried fasting and extremely low calories.

If you can't spot reduce and need to do cardio all over to lose weight but it's not coming off in equal proportions, what are we meant to do to get flat tummy?

I keep watching Supersize V Superskinny and the skinny people are skinny all over in proportion with very flat tummies! I just look more like a thinner pregnant person and still can't get below UK size 14 just cos of tummy and most trousers fastening below natural waist so have to go for the hip measurement that matches my tummy circumference rather than what my waist is (which I'm quite proud i managed to get to 30" from 38"

Tummy has shrunk from originally 48" to now 34 ". I'd like to get those 4" off so tummy circumference is 30 " same as waist as this should mean I have a flat tummy!

Will weights flatten my tummy if I stick with them for next 6 months or something? Do I need to try heavier weights? (only on 4KG Kettlebell just started this week) or build up to more hours doing them several sessions a day?

Replies

• jlevie313
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you! Wish we could figure it out. I am thinking maybe my stress is causing mine ??
  • cjc166
    cjc166 Posts: 222
    Options
    Don't be discouraged. Our bodies decide where they want to take off the weight. Eventually once you lose enough, it will have to come off the remaining places. Just keep it up!
  • jkgerst
    jkgerst Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Age & hormones also play a role in storing fat in the tummy - often the last place to be toned for women. You should see it flatten out over time as your muscle/fat ratio increases overall - just be patient & keep up the good workouts!
    :smile:
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I am 43 and my TOTM are playing up! last month.. 2 in one month.. this month the cravings and bloat but no actual period, have had months when they skipped completely. I suspect I'm starting the peri menopause.

Would progesterone treatment work if its hormones?

I thought it would be better for me if Estrogen levels were dropping as I read on one site that Estrogen (and Cortisol) were the main suspects in weight gain in women?