Has anyone ever read "Skinny *****" ?

Options
I LOVED it. I have the link if anyone wants it :) you can read it online. best book.

Replies

• nicolio8699
    nicolio8699 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    link me, girl!
  • mfkn_Titanium
    Options
    Dumb book and if I recall it perpetuated a lot of bullish.
  • deadbambi
    deadbambi Posts: 368
    Options
    Oh Oops! It's a PDF. If anyone wants to personally message me their email i'll be happy to forward it ^-^
  • deadbambi
    Options

ahh well. to each their own.
  • PinkEnvyx
    PinkEnvyx Posts: 172
    Options
    Yes I read it. Loved it and it did changes a few things for me. I went vegetarian for like 6 months after reading it and still don't drink milk because I felt they were spot on with what they said. I am not a veggie now but don't eat any meat I don't get from my uncle, he has a farm and raises the animals so I trust it to be fresh and without drugs. :) I am silly but it makes me feel better about it.
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Great book :) Made me much more mindful about what really happens and how we get the meat we do. Made me happy I don't contribute to what goes on in the slaughterhouses. Sick sick sick :sick: Also Eating animals is pretty informative as well if your interested in reading about topics like that. It always amazes me how angry controversial books and opinions make people! I'm not gonna freak out every time I see a book about how vegetarianism is wrong, to each their own!!! Jeeze louise :flowerforyou:
  • Jynus
    Jynus Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Aside from most everything in it being utter laughable BS, it was an entertaining read.
  • nygrl4evr
    nygrl4evr Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Absolutely loved this book! :happy:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I read a few pages on it... I thought they were quite pushy... and well b!tchy. I didn't like their style. Maybe they were hungry?
  • deadbambi
    Options
    Aside from most everything in it being utter laughable BS, it was an entertaining read.

Ah well, I didn't ask for any negativity on the book. And not all of it is BS! a lot of it is very true. I do disagree with some things in it, but it makes valid points.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I think that there's a lot of great advice mixed in with some not so great advice. I'm mostly plant-based and it irked me.
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    People are so defensive. I guess it helps them feel better about the choices they make to conclude that the book is BS.
  • deadbambi
    Options
    I read a few pages on it... I thought they were quite pushy... and well b!tchy. I didn't like their style. Maybe they were hungry?

they were VERY *****y. and very pushy. and I agree, I didn't like that bit. But i found most of the food advice helpful :)
  • butterpecan_ts
    butterpecan_ts Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I read it a couple of years ago and became a vegetarian. I think there are some good points to take away from it. Though i'm more of a flexitarian now (i eat meat once or twice a month), I think it has helped me change my diet to one that's a little more healthy.
  • HotAuntB
    HotAuntB Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Would love to read if you'd like to share! Thank You! ;-)
  • lynn_marie68d
    Options
    Yes, loved it. And I agree to each their own
  • deadbambi
    Options
    Would love to read if you'd like to share! Thank You! ;-)

i have it in a pdf in my email if you want to send me your email address :)))
  • Jynus
    Jynus Posts: 519 Member
    Options

Ah well, I didn't ask for any negativity on the book. And not all of it is BS! a lot of it is very true. I do disagree with some things in it, but it makes valid points.
    sorry, it does not. I'm from a rancher family. So it entertaining to me reading about their conceptions of how our business works. (hint, what they think is reality, is not).

And their opinions on how meat works is really just that, opinion. when you do things like read pub med, a different picture is painted. For those in the know you can spot it immediately. grains of truth, amongst heaps of BS. But for those with pre conceived notions of how diet works, I can see why they are easily fooled.
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    People are so defensive. I guess it helps them feel better about the choices they make to conclude that the book is BS.

Couldn't be said better.
  • FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options

You're being kinda vauge, don't hold back.