cant have dinner??? no more cal left

Options
hi,
what should someone eat if they have used all their calories for the day for dinner. I know you have to eat something otherwise your body will store it, but how many calories should someone go over and what should they eat.. suggestions would great help.. i was thinking of a piece of fruit and some cheese maybe? :huh:

Replies

• redreamingme
    Options
    A cup of vegetable soup is always good, very low in calories and filling.
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    on a bad day if ive used all my calories I make a bowl of salad and i still put some chicken on it....:flowerforyou: one day over isnt going to hurt u anyway so long as it isnt a habit and u could always just exercise to burn extra calories if you want =)
  • krew49428
    Options
    I would work out to earn some more calories. 1\2 hour of aerobics is around 300 cal. :smile:
  • NCHICK80
    Options
    okay .. thanks ladies.. :happy: ill probably head to the gym for alittle .. but something small is what i was thinking also..
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I agree...I have done the samething before....so I would go workout for about 30-45 minutes and then have a salad with tuna.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    You could have a salad or a sandwich. Going over by a few hundred won't hinder your progress, take it from one who does it allllll the time :)
  • JCORLEY
    Options
    Progresso light soups are great. They taste good and are only 60 calories!!
  • sombersby
    Options
    Progresso light soup sounds like a great suggestion. And if you can't make it to the gym, do some extra chores around the house to burn up some calories. Vaccum and mop...that'll help, and will take some off the "to do" list as well.
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Yup, half a turkey sandwich (load it with veggies, lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, and use only a 1/2 serving of whatever condiments you like, except mustard, it's really low cal) and a cup of progresso soup. Should be around 250 calories total, depending on the bread you use. Going over occasionally won't kill your weight loss :wink: Walking for 20 minutes burns about 100 calories...or I like sombersby's suggestion, housework can really burn some calories and get cleaning out of the way at the same time!!:laugh:
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Veggies with balsamic vinager. Skip the oil bc its high in calories. Hard boiled egg whites or chicken. DO NOT EAT CANNED SOUP. That will boost your salt intake and wont keep you full for long. If you do make soup make a turkey barley soup. Its about 250 give or take and it is filling. I suggest a huge salad filled with veggies and the balsamic. Top it off with dill and a pinch of salt and pepper.
  • tangledsky
    Options
    Veggies with balsamic vinager. Skip the oil bc its high in calories. Hard boiled egg whites or chicken. DO NOT EAT CANNED SOUP. That will boost your salt intake and wont keep you full for long. If you do make soup make a turkey barley soup. Its about 250 give or take and it is filling. I suggest a huge salad filled with veggies and the balsamic. Top it off with dill and a pinch of salt and pepper.

I second this recommendation. Whole foods - veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, and grains - have the fewest calories and keep you more full for longer.