How many calories on a swingset?

Options
So....I have a 13-foot swingset in my yard, and I enjoy using it for easy-access exercise. Buuut, there is no data in the database on how many calories swinging on a swingset. Any ideas?

Replies

• thewinged
    Options
    Anyone? I logged it as "walking: brisk pace" but I hope I'm not overestimating it or whatnot. I do know it is certainly a low-impact workout with good arm and ab results! xD
  • thewinged
    Options
    Okay, so, I looked around on the internet and most sites say between 180-200 calories are burned per hour on the swing. I guess I'll enter that and if it is wrong then feel free to correct me!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Are you swinging? :smile:
  • thewinged
    Options
    Indeed I am - I've had this giant swingset in my yard since I was about 10 years old, and I keep it in good working condition. I am 23 and I still like to outside and spend time on it. It's a great way to sort out my brain while getting fresh air and exercise, at least for me :)
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I am sooo jelous.
    Everytime we walk/ cycle past a park i ask hubby to stop so i can play
  • cosmiquemuffin
    cosmiquemuffin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This site (http://www.livebetteramerica.com/health-nutrition/weight-management/50-ways-to-burn-100-caolories-outside) seems to infer about 200 cals / hr.

I'm also looking at getting a swingset for our backyard and re-living my youth!
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Are you swinging? :smile:

:laugh:

And that one flew right over the OP's head. Which makes it funnier