Roasted broccoli, my favorite recipe! Simple and yummy!

Options

Replies

• argenterie
    argenterie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm glad so many of you liked the recipe! It's SO delicious. I also sometimes cut a tomato in half and roast that alongside, and then the hot juicy tomato gives another good flavor profile to the dish. Love it!!
  • narci1503
    Options
    I just did this, but instead roasting it I put it on my grill....OMG delish!
  • Kitsada
    Kitsada Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, I'll have to try it!

I do something similar with cauliflower, but in oven or on grill (careful not too hot) wrapped in foil.

Break the cauliflower into bite size pieces spread out on foil. Spray with some butter spray, and add a bit of parm cheese.

Wrap it up and bake it for like 30-40 minutes, comes out soft and delicious.

I gotta try the mock potatoes but hate cleaning my food processor.... :P
  • argenterie
    Options
    I just did this, but instead roasting it I put it on my grill....OMG delish!

Oh YUM! That sounds incredible. I will have to try the grill!!
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Did this last night & didn't have a chance to THANK YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • happypath101
    Options
    I made this for a dinner party last night. I was in the mood for cauliflower so I did about 1/2 broccolli and 1/2 cauliflower. It was a HIT. So yummy and easy to do. I can absolutely see myself having this alone for dinner in the cold months when I'm trying to have a low cal but filling meal. Thanks again. This is my new favourite recipe. :)
  • argenterie
    Options
    I made this for a dinner party last night. I was in the mood for cauliflower so I did about 1/2 broccolli and 1/2 cauliflower. It was a HIT. So yummy and easy to do. I can absolutely see myself having this alone for dinner in the cold months when I'm trying to have a low cal but filling meal. Thanks again. This is my new favourite recipe. :)

I'm so glad you liked it! Isn't it YUMMY?
  • argenterie
    Options
    Did this last night & didn't have a chance to THANK YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!! :flowerforyou:

I am so glad you liked it. It's so delicious and SO EASY (which is my favorite part!)
  • deedeetris
    deedeetris Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much--I'm going to try this tomorrow!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,657 Member
    Options
    This is a great recipe. As someone mentioned earlier, you can do cauliflower this way too (a little shorter cooking time than broccoli).

I love green asparagus and sugar snaps and snow peas done this way too. These only need about 10 minutes in a 200-225 C oven. No need to peel the asparagus, just break off the woody ends where the spear first becomes pliable.
  • princesskv30
    Options
    bump :)
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    sounds really tasty, will try it out thanks :)
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting!
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    bump
  • argenterie
    Options
    Just had this again the other night, and it's STILL the best broccoli recipe I've ever had! :) And only 92 calories... amazing.
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I've eaten it your way twice now (last night I baked a batch too) and it is really super. Thank you!
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • deanjcrawford
    deanjcrawford Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    nice!
  • Stila562
    Options
    I love this recipe! i add crushed peppers. very tasty almost like chips!.

I found this recipe very helpful since i struggle with my chip addiction for years, is a great substitute.

Thanks for reminding me, i have to cook this today!.