• Acidique
    Acidique Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I didn't see this mentioned, but may have missed it:

Quinoa
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    You can check out my diary. Typically at 130-170.
  • nicolars1977
    Options
    1 Cup of white or red kidney beans if my fave and it taste good in everything
  • flsl
    flsl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Here is a synopsis to start with: Eggs, yoghurt, milk including goats milk, nuts, cheese including feta and goats cheese, white meat, fish, occasionally red meat, and pulses such as peas, beans, chick-peas, aduki beans, etc

1. Breakfast - eggs or yoghurt/ milk. Tried some goats milk to avoid excessive cows dairy.
    Sometimes put a slice of cheese in scrambled egg. Love eggs

Sometimes add nuts to porridge or homemade muesli (using dry oats as a base)

Do oats have protein?

2. Lunch. Fish, chicken or pulses. Love my beans. Have tried sugar snap peas or mangetout in salads. Love chickpeas and as someone else suggested, hummous, which is made from them. Also cannelini beans and aduki beans, in salads or soups. often eat sardines with a salad. Can be quite filling.

Chick peas make salads alot more yummy.

3. Dinner.

Really like nuts in meals. Find its the best way to eat nuts as they can be fierce addictive and full of calories on their own.
    Also throw in some pulses with a vegetarian meal, ie the peas and beans mentioned before. Cheese including goats cheese and feta v lovely too.

Sometimes eat red meat for dinner, maybe twice a week, or a nice piece of Fish.

4. Snack. Slice of cheese on low cal cracker. Surprisingly filling. Fruit and nut mix, though this is dangerous for me, I get addicted! Also, hot chocolate has milk! A naughtier treat, which actually has protein :-)

I tried a vegan diet for a couple of weeks. Learnt alot about vegetarian proteins. I tend to go over protein limit, take what you wish from this.
  • cjc166
    cjc166 Posts: 222
    Options
    I can't see your diary, but my suggestion is to cut out all processed and refined foods, and replace with a caloric equivalent of whole plant foods, especially vegetables and beans. This will get your protein to where it should be, without adding extra calories. It will also do wonders for your nutrient and fiber intakes.
  • dewdrops4life
    Options
    Wow, why so high? Mine only says 38 for protein. Am I doing something wrong?