What did you have for dinner? :)

Options

Replies

• EllaNovella
    Options
    Broccoli salad steamed over Basa or Talapia and a drizzle of balsamic 1 tsp.

Good idea!
  • skicap
    skicap Posts: 3
    Options
    Meditteranean salmon, cucumber salad and corn! Tasty, healthy and pretty clean, well, except for the butter I put on the corn--but I tried to keep that to a minimum!
  • narci1503
    Options
    I had 4 oz. of grilled salmon and a cup of steamed brocolli, oh and a whole wheat english muffin. Delicious. :) Incidentally I had the same thing for lunch today, minus half the english muffin.

I usually take left over for lunch so I do that all the time. :laugh:
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I went to the local Farmer's Market on my way home from work. I got apricots, fresh spinach, slipper lobsters, peaches, and roma tomatoes. I put them all in a jumbo salad and it was awesome!

Except for the lobsters, that sounds great!
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I had a bacon cheeseburger and some roasted potatoes with a salad.

A cheeseburger for dinner doesn't seem healthy? No offense or anything
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I had a bacon cheeseburger and some roasted potatoes with a salad.

A cheeseburger for dinner doesn't seem healthy? No offense or anything

It was 93/7 ground beef with low sodium bacon all in moderation. :) I am losing weight so I am doing something right.. no offense :)
  • heddy90
    heddy90 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    That sounds good... Because I'm afraid I'll go to bed and it'll turn into fat because I didn't use the calories...
    When you eat doesn't matter :) Your body is constantly burning calories, also while sleeping. It's fuel to keep your body alive, not just for it to be highly active and exercise.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    I had raw lettuce and celery with a carrot for 3 days and I'm getting tired of it... what are you having?

Well you are having quick add cals of 571 for brekkie and some other quick add cals for lunch?

Why not add all your food, it helps me to look it up on the database, then you can maybe see what is going on a little better and have more for dinner :D

Editing to add apart from 1 day of your diary, you are really undereating, so checking in those foods on the database is really going to help and then you can eat some more!

I have muesli with low fat yogurt for breakfast, also coffee with full cream milk and one teaspoon of canderel low calorie sweetener... and I looked at the info on the back of the pack and worked out the calories, did the same with the yogurt, milk etc and it's 571 calories :)

Thats fantastic that you are reading all the info on the packs, but really, if you take time to look it up on the database, you only have to do it once for each food. You can also have access to the other bits n bobs that are in the foods...protein, carbs, fats etc.

I am not trying to put you down, if you are here then you are wanting to make some good changes in your life, so maybe try it for a few days and then you can work out what to eat in a better way and have more for dinner...cos I would be sooooo hungry with that itty bit that you had lol!

Good luck hun x
  • queendeej
    queendeej Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I had chicken adobo (from skinnytaste.com but using chicken thighs instead of legs)
    Kroger brand Asian StirFry vegetables with noodles
    and Chung's vegetable spring roll
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    That sounds good... Because I'm afraid I'll go to bed and it'll turn into fat because I didn't use the calories...
    When you eat doesn't matter :) Your body is constantly burning calories, also while sleeping. It's fuel to keep your body alive, not just for it to be highly active and exercise.

Thanks!
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Whole Foods Turkey Pumpkin Chili.

1 cup is like 250+/- calories. Very filling. Recipe is on their website.
    It freezes well too! :happy:
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas and advice people, you are all awesome!! :)
  • meledo85
    meledo85 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash with marinara and meat balls! YUM! My 7 year old and I had a blast making it!
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Tonight will be grilled chicken breast, honey glazed carrots, and watermelon! Yummo!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    18 oz of grilled chicken breast

255g spinach

255g white potato

Cherry Coke Zero

Nom nom nom
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    A three egg omelette with some low fat cheese, rocket and roasted cherry tomatoes with balsamic vinegar. Was yummy! :smile:
  • wavedancer123
    wavedancer123 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Had a load of stir fry veg :- onion, yellow peppe, courgette, mushroom, Aubergine, 3 tsp garlic oil, fattend a pice of Chechen breast and cooked it in the same pan and topped it with 1 slice Parma ham - very nice
    Yogurt zero fat.
  • missypoo1974
    Options
    Last night we had spaghetti and meatballs. It was Ronzoni Smart Taste thin spaghetti, Prego heart smart pasta sauce and chicken meatballs. It was delicious and very low in fat! :)
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    You need more protein, try the light yogurt with 1/2 cup of blueberries and 1/2 cup of strawberries with 1oz of walnuts, and a hard boiled egg. Yummy, filling and not so many calories.
    I eat bean sprouts instead of pasta, with meat ball I make and ragu (doctored with garlic and other things) with cheese. I have given up wheat items, because they are high in calories and carbs that don't keep me feeling full. That's when I fail, yes some times I go a little over, but I'm not going to starve myself and you shouldn't either.
  • MammaC66
    MammaC66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I haven't had it yet, but I am going to have chicken breast baked with zucchini, yellow squash, bell peppers and onions all nicely seasoned and served on brown rice. We will probably have some sliced tomatoes fresh from our garden, too.Yum!!