KETO Diet Question

Options
I've had relative success the KETO diet. I subscribe to the 60%fat/35%protein/5%carbs rule. I have difficulty getting my FAT calories above my Protein calories almost everyday. I'd like to see someone else's daily caloric intake that has had success with Keto. I'm doing low-impact cardio everyday and lifting 3 days/week. Any feedback you can give me would be very helpful.

Here's a typical menu:

Bkfst: 2 T Natural Peanut Butter, 1 T Flax Seed Oil
24g Whey Protein (3g Carbs)

Lunch: Chicken breast deli meat (8-10oz) or Tuna (8oz) with Celery, Mayonaise and Dill relish and a green salad (just lettuce.)

Dinner: 10-12oz ground turkey, mayo.

I drink massive amounts of water everyday.

Replies

• GreyBinkie
    Options
    Most of my cheese already has the perfect Fat / protein ratio. I also spike my protein-shakes with mascapone (60% fat).

If you still have problems getting your fat - you can eat salted butter on cheese. Sounds crazy, but is actually eatable. Peanut butter is also pretty awesome.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i eat cream cheese pancakes a lot.
    2 eggs and 2 ounces of cream cheese,
    blended and cooked like a pancake in coconut oil
    add butter.

you get your fat up fast =]

ground turkey is sorta lean right? get ground beef (80%)
    have a nice steak instead of chicken for lunch!
    country style pork ribs.
  • McGrew822
    Options
    I don't know if anyone's pointed this out, but it's worth bringing up.

Decreasing carbohydrates is certainly an effective way to lose weight, but the fats in your diet shouldn't come from the worst possible sources - cheeses, processed meats, and so on. You should do what you can to get them from healthier foods, with lower sodium levels.

Edit: OP, seems like you generally are. Just a thought for general discussion of ketogenesis.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I'm not on a specific diet (kinda primal, I guess)... but you can look at my food diary, it's public. I aim for 65 fat, 25 protein, and 10 carb. My carbs can't be as low as yours because I eat lots of veggies.

Cream cheese and egg pancakes! Cool!

I don't eat anything peanut, but there are lots of nut butters out there. And don't forget coconut oil/manna and avocados. Yummy, healthy fats.

I have my sodium amounts listed too, and even with my cheese I stay pretty low. (Not that I care about it-non issue for me.)
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Cooking in 100% animal fat or coconut oil helps.

Some cheeses are good for fat/protein ratio.

My regular handful of "Macro Raw Nuts" are 2g carb, 16g fat, 6g protein per 30g serving.

I also have heavy cream in my coffee, a not insignificant source.

If you don't drink coffee then maybe some berries in cream would do the trick. Tasty too.