What does eating clean mean?

Options
2»

Replies

• WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I understood it to mean fresh. Not processed. Like sausage, most lunchmeats, frozen dinners, etc.

Ok let's not start giving misinformation.

Sausage is not "processed" if you buy quality sausage. Sausage is simply ground meat and spices stuffed into a casing that is often natural.

Grinding meat IS processing it. :huh:
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Spray with windex... and consume.
  • veronica_0920
    veronica_0920 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Think the parameter of the grocery store..... basically non-processed. Fresh/Frozen fruits vegetables, lean meats, complex carbs like whole grains.. So- basically what was said above- not processed- What comes from the earth naturally (not "dirty" with chemicals,sweeteners, preservatives and all that other "junk") IMO anyway :-)
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I understood it to mean fresh. Not processed. Like sausage, most lunchmeats, frozen dinners, etc.

Ok let's not start giving misinformation.

Sausage is not "processed" if you buy quality sausage. Sausage is simply ground meat and spices stuffed into a casing that is often natural.

Grinding meat IS processing it. :huh:

Ok I guess technically you're right. I should have stated that just because its processed doesn't mean its not "clean".
  • ars1300
    ars1300 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Try cutting out processed food. Such as things in a box. Fish, eggs, chicken, oatmeal, vegetables, fruit. try sticking to whole grains, such as brown rice.

examples:

Eggs w 2 tbsp natural salsa
    Oatmeal , quick oats, sprinkle w cinnamon and sliced peach on top

Grilled chicken, broccoli, sweet potato

Tilapia, asparagus, brown rice
  • MuscleJunkieK8
    Options
    Organic, healthy, natural, like good clean foods from the earth, food that is FOOD and not processed, filled with fillers, preservatives, hormones, or artificial colors/flavors. Foods with no added sugar, or sugar substitutes.

:happy:
  • beeker25
    Options
    The closer the food to its natural form, the better.
  • CameoDouglas
    CameoDouglas Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Clean usually consists of natural things for your body. For example anything with color, red peppers, green peppers, lettuce, tomatoes. Anything fresh and natural is most likely going to be clean. Anything that is oily or fatty will clog you up and you will be able to see a physical difference, like whenever I eat potato chips I get greasy skin etc, it will reflect on you. If you start to eat more clean you'll notice better, smoother, blemish-free skin and you will have a healthy glow to you.
  • emotionalharlequin
    Options
    No refined carbs or sugars.
  • lucy5599
    lucy5599 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405
    Options
    eating clean = "good food is gods food"
    Best wayto put it as above.

No bread, pasta, processed meats, sweets or the like. But its bloody hard. But just cutting out bread/ pasta / cereal trying to have most of your meals a lump of meat and a pile of veg your carbs will fall below 100 a day and if your like me any problems you have with obsessive thoughts will disapear.
  • 1976pianoman
    Options
    Try a ketogenic diet. I was very successful in just 4 months doing a keto diet. Restrict carbs to 20 per day. Determine what your macros should be here:

http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com

Be sure to do your research so you understand what foods contain carbs. Basically no flour, no sugar. Yet there are carbs in things like beans and milk and other food items you may not know about. No fruit, no veggies with a few exceptions. Unsweetened almond milk instead of milk. Real 100% cream (whipping cream) instead of milk or creamer in your coffee. This is not a permanent way to eat, rather a quick and often controversial means to lose weight fast. Here are my results after 4 months:

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz95/pandimensional/ME/552030_4676636560553_2071802887_n.jpg