Do you log your fruit?

Replies

• StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    I log everything that passes my lips, the good, the bad and the ugly.
  • sammiliegh
    sammiliegh Posts: 86 Member
    If you bite it write it.... nothing you consume should be left out of your log.

Yep ^^
  • I log all my fruit and veggies that I eat so I can get a very accurate calorie count. I'm a WW too and it confused me somewhat because I always thought to myself that some fruits have a lot of calories, so how could you possibly not count them. I think I like MFP a lot better because I can actually see the calories in/out along with what I burn doing exercise. :happy:
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    I log everything. In regards to fruit, I track my sugar, and most fruits have high sugar content(unfortunately). Honestly, it makes no sense to me that WW does not have you count fruit and vegetables.
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Free on WW but here everything that you consume (food and drink) should be logged in order to get a complete count of calories.
  • I log all fruit and major chopped up veggies cooked in my dinner.
    I don't add up lettuce/ a slice of tomato/onion. If I put it on an extra lean burger or sandwich.
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    no but I also don't log any food so I am probably not the best person to answer this lol
  • easternNCchick
    easternNCchick Posts: 198 Member
    oh yes...I even count my breath mints. It goes in my body and fruit adds up
  • nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    YES YES and YES!!

if it goes in my mouth, it goes in my log.. Bananas for instance have alot more cals than you may think.. around 100-150 depending on the size or amount eaten

ETA: If not logging for the cals, log for the sugars
  • aubreykkkk
    aubreykkkk Posts: 147 Member
    Of course I do! Calories are calories and too much fruit could make a difference!
  • texastango
    texastango Posts: 309
    I know with WW fruits and vegetables are free, but they do still have calories. Do you log your fruit on here? or No? Why? or Why not?

Oh my....Friends, neighbors, country men and women ....

Actually, it's not a bad question, but it points out my big issue with WW! First off, I would log just about everything because that's how you get part of your education. You learn what things are (carbs, fat, etc) and how much vit a, c, calcium, iron they have. You'll never learn those things if you give fruit zero.

How many calories are two tablespoons of Cinnamon? WW? 0.....thought so...but it's not.

I understand the "Zero sugar" count as SPNLuver83 alluded to, but that's not quiet right either. Table sugar is 50 percent fructose, but you count it all as sugar. So why aren't you counting fruit sugar? I know, I know...fructose goes to the liver where it's phosphorylated yada yada and doesn't increase blood sugar levels. I get it....but it does in excess get converted to triglycerides which aren't good for you either. America has gotten heavy on HFCS - High Fructose Corn Sweetener. Manufacturers used it because it didn't raise blood sugar but then it got stored in your liver (because of such high levels consumed) and disables your liver from being able to regulate glucose metabolism - ie diabetes plus add bad triglycerides to your system to promote vascular disease - and doesn't really provide saitey so you're still hungry. Yes, this is a lot of stuff, but the bottom line is I'd count fruit sugar too..because Fructose and it's understanding is important...and does lead to weight gain even though it doesn't raise blood sugars.

Bottom line is could the breakdown of categories on MFP be better - yes. Could package labeling be better - Yes.

Till it does, log everything you want to log...but I would do it all if you are using MFP to learn. It will help you down the road maintain..and WW will not as far as I'm concerned. WW doesn't tell me how much fiber is in something (I confess I've never done it)....MFP does.
  • If you bite it write it.... nothing you consume should be left out of your log.
    THIS ^
  • texastango
    texastango Posts: 309
    THIS ^

Hmmmmm......okay....but MFP doesn't have a calorie count for that..and it's very appetizing.....LOL BUT I DIGRESS
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member

exactly. I even log Nyquil! Lots of calories in a single dose!
  • mm9660
    mm9660 Posts: 10
    I log everything I consume! It keeps me honest. Even my occassional Tequila shots! Which are really high in calories. so they are saved for only special occasions now. If you know what you are eating, you definently make smarter choices and it becomes second nature after a while to make more better choices and then occasionally a guilty pleasure. Chart the guilty pleasure also:)
  • revncarmichael
    revncarmichael Posts: 15 Member
    I log it, but when I am on my Boot camp days, I cut myself a little slack, a hundred calories or so if I get hungry. But then I still have a lot to lose. I do not count lettuce. But I really watch the dressings a lot. I use Advocare replacement shakes with fruit for a meal on the go or in preparation for a meal out. I love the Spark which has really weaned me off diet soda. This is not a ad, just a coping strategy. My weight loss is nice pace most of the time. Eating the exact same number of calories does not seem to work well for me. A diet high in vegs, fruit and high quality proteins seem to keep me from feeling hungry and eating with out thought.
  • sarahmichelexo
    sarahmichelexo Posts: 42 Member
    I know with WW fruits and vegetables are free, but they do still have calories. Do you log your fruit on here? or No? Why? or Why not?

How many calories are two tablespoons of Cinnamon? WW? 0.....thought so...but it's not.

i can't believe i never thought to look up cinnamon -_-
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    I do log all of my fruit because it does sometimes have some substantial calories. But if I've gone over my calorie goal for the day I take a look at what else I've eaten - if it's been a LOT of fruit, like sometimes happens in the summer, then I don't worry about it. I don't worry about logging anything under 5 cals, and I also don't log things like diet sodas and the cal free carbonated water.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member

Your body will keep an accurate log, even if you don't :)

I don't log chewable vitamins even though the have calories though, because I'm bad enough about taking them, it would be even less likely if i had to log them.
  • mclarkin75
    mclarkin75 Posts: 51 Member
    I log everything including supplements. I really pay attention to my carb, protein and fat % and fruit is high in sugar which can throw my numbers.