going over my protein!!

Options
2»

Replies

• gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Going over on protein is good!! As the others said, make sure you get plenty of water 8-10 glasses.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    If you are reducing body fat, eating a high protein diet is important. And the greater the deficit, the more protein you need to consume to spare muscle tissue from being used as fuel. Lifting heavy weights will also help minimize lean muscle loss due to dieting at various deficits. I'm going off-topic but do not worry about going over. I tell most people to eat at least 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass.
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    I go over mine on purpose.. dont stress that stuff! Worry about your sugars and your fats....
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Oh noez you'll pee it out
  • sintik
    sintik Posts: 1
    Options
    Its better to be over in protein then carbs. Carbs is where fat comes from saying they break down and store as fat cells if in excess. Protein is lower (4 g/cal) compared to (9 g/cal) for carbs. Protein is always good if its lean and not fatty. It help leans the body out and is used to help cut on a body builder frame because it denses the muscle instead of making it fat and bloaty. So its ok. Just make sure its lean protein and not fatty with a bunch of carbs attached. Ex. Chicken, fish, nuts.. and so on.
  • Kasya007
    Kasya007 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Not a problem. Keep calm and eat chicken.

That.

...Also, I :heart: you for saying that. :smile:
  • j1rivera8
    j1rivera8 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the replies, it has been very helpful.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    It's recommended by many to eat 1g of protein per 1lb that you weigh. Plus, it keeps the hunger at bay.

1 gram per pound of LEAN body mass. So many people get that mixed up. :)
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I almost always go over on protein but seldom get close to the carb or fat levels. I think the protein helps keep me full and away from the junk!!!
  • matron22
    matron22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same problem here and as a newbie I found it very worrying. If its normal - as I understand from the replies you've had or even desirable, why isn't that made clear or the protein "target" adjusted? Am I missing something here?