Beginning Again

Options
Hello! I have struggled with weight loss my whole life. As an adult my weight has fluctuated from 142 all the way up to 290. At this point I am at 277.

I have literally lost hundreds of pounds before with my yo-yo dieting but this time my goal is to lose the weight slowly, in a healthy way so that I can keep it off.

Also, I'm done having kids so NO MORE EXCUSES. Pregnancy and breastfeeding were a great excuse for indulging in everything I wanted and not moving at all. I used to be a college athlete and now I'm a lazy Mom!!! Time to get positive and start showing my kids a better example :-D But in reality, I would like to lose this weight for myself. I want to enjoy life. Put on a swimsuit, wear clothes that I didn't get from the Plus size bin and feel strong again.

Can't wait to meet some of you in here. Its wonderful to have a place where others are going through the same struggle as you.

Replies

• kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Samantha and I actually just joined this site 2 days ago. I had to join because I'm tired of being a fat *kitten*. I want to look great in a swimsuit because if you look in my pictures, I'm a total fat-*kitten*.......for real, no joke. I am 5 feet 6 inches and weigh 165. Basically, I joined this site for some motivation and words of wisdom so that's really what I'm after. Let weight loss begin.......
  • ddyerii
    ddyerii Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    First thing is to stop calling yourself names! The most important thing is you have made a key decision and taken a first step. Now just keep putting one foot in front the other. You're already on the right track.
  • cmeroar68
    cmeroar68 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well, you have made a great first....or really second step to losing the weight. First being making the choice to get fit and be healthier. The second being joing MFP. There are some great motivators on here! I've finally wrapped my head around being serious with the healthy fit thing and have found those I have friended or have friended me to be a great resource.
  • cmeroar68
    cmeroar68 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    First thing is to stop calling yourself names! The most important thing is you have made a key decision and taken a first step. Now just keep putting one foot in front the other. You're already on the right track.
    Very well said!! I concur!
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    Very well said!! I concur!

amen
  • Briasmomma
    Options
    Hello! I have struggled with weight loss my whole life. As an adult my weight has fluctuated from 142 all the way up to 290. At this point I am at 277.

I have literally lost hundreds of pounds before with my yo-yo dieting but this time my goal is to lose the weight slowly, in a healthy way so that I can keep it off.

Also, I'm done having kids so NO MORE EXCUSES. Pregnancy and breastfeeding were a great excuse for indulging in everything I wanted and not moving at all. I used to be a college athlete and now I'm a lazy Mom!!! Time to get positive and start showing my kids a better example :-D But in reality, I would like to lose this weight for myself. I want to enjoy life. Put on a swimsuit, wear clothes that I didn't get from the Plus size bin and feel strong again.

Can't wait to meet some of you in here. Its wonderful to have a place where others are going through the same struggle as you.

I'm at 215 and need buddies as well. Had my daughter a year ago sept 8 3 months premature and that was my excuse then but I gained more and more being home with her and now I'm ready to get on with my life and lose this weight cant stand looking in the mirror... i think that's a sign. :ohwell: ...if you want to pal up and try to keep each other on track add me! good luck!