Having another baby....

Options
So my Daughter who is my first child is a little over 16 months. My husband and I are going to try for another probably around December of this year. I am super nervous about this just because I am not sure how I going to handle 2 kids!

First I have been working out and trying to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight before I have another child and then getting pregnant and gaining the weight back THEN trying to lose it again is kinda making me crazy LOL

Then the fact that I will have 2 kids when will I have time to do this and how will I be able to handle 2 kids...

Stressing out!

Replies

• amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Don't stress, it can be done. A lot of women continue to work out and eat right all the way through the pregnancy. After the baby comes, is going to take some adjusting though when it comes to your work out schedule. You can even get a double running stroller and take a jog, join a gym with child care, or get involved with a mommy and me group. There are some great websites out there that incorporate your baby with exercising. Here is one from LiveStrong:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/9234-4-ways-to-exercise-with-your-baby/

Oh and the handleing two kids part, that's cake! My first two children are 15 months apart (that means my son was 6 months old when I got pregnant with my daughter). My third child came along 4 years later. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. You know where to find me. You will have tons of support from moms like us on this site!

Just like every other challenge....You Got This!
  • NickiRae04
    NickiRae04 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Don't stress, it can be done. A lot of women continue to work out and eat right all the way through the pregnancy. After the baby comes, is going to take some adjusting though when it comes to your work out schedule. You can even get a double running stroller and take a jog, join a gym with child care, or get involved with a mommy and me group. There are some great websites out there that incorporate your baby with exercising. Here is one from LiveStrong:

Oh and the handleing two kids part, that's cake! My first two children are 15 months apart (that means my son was 6 months old when I got pregnant with my daughter). My third child came along 4 years later. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. You know where to find me. You will have tons of support from moms like us on this site!

Thank you so much!! I am a bit of a control freak and if I can't control what is happening I stress out! Not knowning Stresses me out - Glad to know that I have you and the others here on MFP!! I will also have to make sure my hubby can watch the babies while I do my workouts!!!
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options

Thank you so much!! I am a bit of a control freak and if I can't control what is happening I stress out! Not knowning Stresses me out - Glad to know that I have you and the others here on MFP!! I will also have to make sure my hubby can watch the babies while I do my workouts!!!

Yes, hubby is going to have to help out a bit. If I can do it, you can do it. FYI... my children all survived vertually unscathed. Currently they are 15, 13, and 9. This is when the real fun begins!
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Take a breathe and relax :)

It will work out. It seems like an impossible task right now, but once baby comes you'll just fall into a routine that works. As for the weight gain/loss, just make sure you try your best while pregnant to keep eating healthy and exercising. I lost 60lbs a few years ago, and then got pregnant. I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight within 6 weeks, but I walked every single day, and I ate incredibly well.

Then baby #3 came and I gained way too much, but I didn't work out and I "ate for 2" lol.
  • Kerry26Hickman
    Kerry26Hickman Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 yr old & a 1 yr old & I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight and even smaller :)
    I put lots on both times and I've lost it both time, through hard work but it's possible x
  • laynie878
    laynie878 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You got this. If you can do it with one kid, you can do it with two. You'll be doing the same thing you do now, and as your little girl gets older it will only get easier---the first one was the big adjustment for me. Plus, breastfeeding always worked wonders for my baby weight, although I know its different for everyone. Best of luck to you!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I am currently pregnant, with a 16 month old. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Think of it this way. If you work hard on your health and fitness now, you'll have a toolbox of wonderful skills that you can use after the next baby to help get that weight off more efficiently than last time.

As for the rest, that's up to you and your hubs. Only you two can decide when/if the time is right.

Good luck to you either way.
  • mevelt83
    mevelt83 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You can do it, I have 4 children, ages 7 he is in a wheelchair, 5,3 and 2 (last 2 11 months apart). It will be stressful at the beginning but make a schedule and make time for yourself! You can add me if you want to chat.
  • NickiRae04
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your advice and support ADD ME if you would like I love new friends!!!

Y'all are the best!!!
  • foranagirl
    foranagirl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I agree that it's tough, but everyone makes it work in their own way. You will too! My guess is that you'll go through ebbs and flows, depending upon the kids' ages. Sometimes you'll feel that you've got it together, other times you'll feel overwhelmed. It's perfectly normal.

If it's any consolation, I have lost 20 pounds since May 1st. Would I like to lose more quickly and exercise more often? Yes. But with a husband, a 5 year old, a 2 year old, a cat, a BIL living with us after a painful divorce and a full time job for which the commute is at least an hour each way, I tell myself that every pound is an accomplishment!

Also, because you having been watching and exercising you will continue to do that while pregnant. You don't have to gain a zillion pounds..I didn't gain any.
  • NickiRae04
    Options
    I agree that it's tough, but everyone makes it work in their own way. You will too! My guess is that you'll go through ebbs and flows, depending upon the kids' ages. Sometimes you'll feel that you've got it together, other times you'll feel overwhelmed. It's perfectly normal.

If it's any consolation, I have lost 20 pounds since May 1st. Would I like to lose more quickly and exercise more often? Yes. But with a husband, a 5 year old, a 2 year old, a cat, a BIL living with us after a painful divorce and a full time job for which the commute is at least an hour each way, I tell myself that every pound is an accomplishment!

Also, because you having been watching and exercising you will continue to do that while pregnant. You don't have to gain a zillion pounds..I didn't gain any.

I am just hoping I guess that I do not let me self go like I did last time ya know! I have confidence in myself tho that if I want it bad enough i can do! I also have a good support system at home with the husband and my family living near by. One day at time right?!
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    There are tricky bits with having 2 children but in the most part it's great, I found it harder with one than 2, the older one, despite being still little is a great baby sitter when you're trying to get something done quickly. Always involve your older one, touch your tummy, talk to baby and make them do things like get the nappy or blanket. This way they feel part of the process of helping raise #2 rather than the competition. It's great fun, and double strollers are great for working out. I call it my "gym"....LOL
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Just remember that getting pregnant isn't a license to eat everything in sight. You're only supposed to eat like 300 extra calories a day and gain 25-30 pounds total. (Do some real research on those specs though, since I'm not a doctor.) If you've gained 60 pounds, you're doing it wrong.

Remember that you can workout during pregnancy, and as long as it isn't too intense, it's great for both of you!
  • luvmypwds
    Options
    It is not easy but it can be done if you prioritize. I have 3 boys - 7, 4 and 1, plus a full-time job, and I workout 6-7 days a week. I get up at 5am from Monday - Friday and then on the weekends my DH babysits when I workout.