New Almond Cheese - Shredded Mozzarella Style

Options
http://www.lisanatti.com/index.php?Itemid=8&option=com_zoo&view=item&category_id=1&item_id=27

This cheese was pretty good on my pizza. They just started carrying it at Whole Foods. If you're looking for low cal it's not too bad. It's like 63 calories per ounce. I used 2 ounces which was a nice amount. It melts but stays looking shredded and even browns. :)

Replies

• Kiswinning
    Kiswinning Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've been looking at recipes on how to make this, it looks good!
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    It's got a nice taste. It's very smooth and melts nicely.
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I look forward to trying this. I tried the daiya non dairy cheese and was disappointed. My son is avoiding dairy and really misses pizza.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I look forward to trying this. I tried the daiya non dairy cheese and was disappointed. My son is avoiding dairy and really misses pizza.

I am sorry to say, but if I remember right, this cheese is NOT dairy free. It contains casein.
  • monicalosesweight
    Options
    Aagh. I didn't even notice that. Obviously, it's designed to lower the calories. I didn't even see that. Thanks for pointing it out. I'm glad I'm not allergic. Hopefully, there are others now making almond cheese too.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I prefer my pizza cheeseless but I've been considering making my own sauce to add. I bet a cashew//nutritional yeast/garlic sauce would be good on pizza.
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I prefer my pizza cheeseless but I've been considering making my own sauce to add. I bet a cashew//nutritional yeast/garlic sauce would be good on pizza.

This sounds soo good!
  • joyous504
    Options
    Have you tried the Dayia Wedges? The Jalapeno Garlic Havarti is delicious, the jack is very good, haven't tried the cheddar yet. It melts better than the shreds and tastes better too. You can slice, cube or shred it (shredding gets messy).
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options

I am sorry to say, but if I remember right, this cheese is NOT dairy free. It contains casein.

Nope, Daiya is vegan. There are some "dairy-free" cheeses that do contain casein, but this isn't one of them. My daughter uses this one, she likes it a lot. Especially the pepper jack.

www.daiyafoods.com
  • PaleoRDH
    PaleoRDH Posts: 266
    Options
    aw i was really excited for a minute but it still has some non-paleo ingredients. pout. :cry:
  • monicalosesweight
    Options
    Sorry. I was excited too until Dawn pointed out the eminent disaster to me. Sigh. I am really annoyed at them. You'd think that if they label it Almond Milk it would be - Almond milk. Talk about deception!
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options

Nope, Daiya is vegan. There are some "dairy-free" cheeses that do contain casein, but this isn't one of them. My daughter uses this one, she likes it a lot. Especially the pepper jack.

www.daiyafoods.com

You misread our posts. She had tried the daiya for her son & he didn't like it so she was looking fwd to trying the almond cheese. I was warning her about the almond cheese which DOES contain dairy and would not be safe for her son.
  • monicalosesweight
    Options
    Oopsi. I think today's been a long day for everyone. I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options

www.daiyafoods.com

You misread our posts. She had tried the daiya for her son & he didn't like it so she was looking fwd to trying the almond cheese. I was warning her about the almond cheese which DOES contain dairy and would not be safe for her son.

Woops! I sure did. Carry on. :smile:
  • claudsam12
    Options
    what is a good turkey sandwich meat? alot that i find have a lot of sodium..
  • monicalosesweight
    Options
    You might want to look into Boar's Head. I believe they have a low sodium turkey. I do know that just about everything they make is great.