Mud run

Options
I'm doing a mud run on Saturday and I'm a little nervous! Any tips or advice for someone who has never done one before?

Replies

• Lindbergnd
    Options
    Have fun! I did mine with my friend and my mom. We didn't take it serious, but it is a workout! You can't get down on yourself if you aren't doing your best, its more of an obstacle to have fun on! They are a blast! Get as muddy as you can. When i did it i spent most of the time in the mud ! haha. Hope to hear about your experience!
  • rmdaly
    rmdaly Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You will get mud everywhere! Wear clothes that you can throw out afterward. Don't wear new shoes either. Take a change of clothes and towels to sit on it the car afterward. Take your stuff in a disposable bag. It's just amazing where the mud will get into!

Have a good time.
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Have a great time! I did one in April and my goal was to run between each obstacle (ie jog very, very slowly) and get through each obstacle. Take it slow through mud pits...my husband fell and broke his hand when he was trying to brace himself!
  • annecolorgreen
    annecolorgreen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    duct tape your shoes so they will stay on! I WAS able to get the mud out of my shoes/clothes--but had to soak them overnight in clorox 2.

it will be a blast :)
  • annecolorgreen
    annecolorgreen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    oh, depending on what race, you may want to wear weight lifters gloves...know what I mean? the kind with the fingers cut out. They really help and aren't expensive. I got mine at Target.