does shake weight actually work?

Options
I cant afford to buy weights or to go to the gym right now but my Mother in law has a shake weight here that she bought on a whim and never used. Im considering giving it a go with the dvd for some light toning exercise.... but is it any good at all? is it just a gimmick or will it actually do something if I persevere with it? Also, what should I log it under exercise wise?

Replies

• nikkidubert
    Options
    I can't answer your question. However, I was given two shake weights and am starting to use them. I will be doing the 6 minute work out with them, and using them as regular weights when I do my dvds that require weights. I Don't see how they wouldn't work, especially if you do traditional dumbbell exercises with them. Mine are five pounds a piece.
  • jjefferies7
    Options
    no
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    If used CORRECTLY, I think it does. I have one, and you can't just use it like 30 seconds here and there, watch the video that comes with it and do the exercises correctly. In a couple of weeks, my biceps were harder, but honestly, didn't do much for my saggy jello fat. I'm sure if you're not as overweight as I am, it would get results. But it does work the muscles. I got it because I had a very bad chest injury, fractured breastbone and cracked ribs, so I figured it would be simple and something to strengthen the muscles and all that.
  • MissShancey
    Options
    i support the shake weight
  • wedge421
    wedge421 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Im sure it works but would feel awkward using it haha
  • Plentiful_Tentacles
    Options
    ....ever watch South Park?
  • Jynus
    Jynus Posts: 519 Member