For women w/ LONG hair

Options

Replies

• darls25
    darls25 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My hair comes down to the end of my back and the best thing for me is rolling it up in a bun and getting 2 big clips. One on each side does the trick :) Or I braid it and then my a bun with bobby pins.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I put mine into two pigtail braids, then pin them up, either around the top of my head, or under, near the nape of the neck. Keeps me cool as I work out, and it's actually really cute when you do it right. :) if you can find those "corkscrew" pins, that you twist into your hair, I suggest getting a bunch of them. I find they are the best thing out there for holding up super thick heavy hair like mine.

I will totally try this :)

i do similar, 2 pigtail braids, then i twist those together and use a clip to hold them up.
  • saramariebabyy
    Options
    i find that pulling it up into a high pony tail and then braiding it out of the way is perfect
  • nightfire389
    nightfire389 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Interesting you mentioned this as I just discovered a new way to wear my hair to the gym yesterday that worked great! It is still a pony tail, but it's a low one and use bobby pins to hold back bangs and other strays. Plus a little spritz of hairspray near the bobby pins and wah-la!
  • nangel4u
    nangel4u Posts: 119
    Options
    Sometimes i use a shoe lace to pull my hair back and then put it up into a ponytail!
  • erispie
    erispie Posts: 2
    Options
    I have hair nearly to my waist, this is how I put it up almost all the time, not just for workouts.

I put it all back into one braid, then I use those combs that are a set of two with beads on elastic thread between them. Then smush or roll the braid into a vaguely bun-shaped thing, and pin it with combs.

IwC40.png
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I do two braids then twist them round each other tie them in a bun then wear a headscarf 1940's style :D
  • mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I can describe this well, but I'll try. It's a variation on the way all the girls put their hair up in high school. When my hair was your length I would pull it up in a mid height ponytail and twist it like to start a bun, then wrap it once around and pull the loose ends through the center. While holding it tight I push two hair sticks in going the same direction. I can get the same effect sometimes with a thick ponytail holder instead of sticks. When my hair was just trimmed and I did this it stuck out in a little tuft that I could tuck in or leave out. Right now I leave it out mostly because I get a full ponytail.
  • HeatherYevette
    HeatherYevette Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have hair down to my behind :) Twist and wrap your hair into a 'cinnamon bun' type of bun and use claw clips around the perimeter. I need two, one on top and one underneath. If my hair were thicker, I'd do four clips. I also wear bangs and use those snap clips to hold them back, or a spritz of hair spray and bobby pins. I'm not patient enough for braids ;)
  • nataliefamily3
    Options
    I have hair to my butt I do high ponytail then bun with another hair tie. Though I am extremely tempted to cut it
  • Seokie
    Seokie Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I do two braids then twist them round each other tie them in a bun then wear a headscarf 1940's style :D

Def trying this too :)
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    my hair is super long, when i work out i put it in braids and wear a bandana like a biker chick haha

MY HAIR IN ALL HER GLOOOORRRRRY:

longhair.jpg
  • keeleen
    keeleen Posts: 93
    Options
    I put mine in a ponytail or bun, but I have problems with my bangs and the wispy hair around my face... My friend got me these things called bondi bands... They are comfy headbands, but they help keep the sweat from dripping on your face too kinda like a sweat band... They have tons of colors, prints, and sayings.... Like I have one that says "will run for beer" haha. I seriously love them!! You can check them out at www.bondiband.com They are wonderful!!
  • thesmellofapples
    thesmellofapples Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    i have long and thick hair. so it's really heavy. i have to pull it back into a bun, braid the bangs and clip them back, and then wear a cotton headband and pin that down to my head as well. and even then i still have issues.
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    My hair is very long and I wear it in a bun almost. I mean I put it in a bun then pull the bun out where it looks kind of cute and bobby pen it so it doesn't move at all. I mean I pull out 16-21 bobby pins out of my sweaty head daily lol. Everyone says I wear my hair like I am going to a prom when I workout. I spray it too so it doesn't move but only on hard cardio days. I use to the high pony tails on both sides where you put the pony tail in the middle of your head on each side and it kinda curves out, that wasn't too bad but as I started doing things like Insanity and The Asylum my hair got so wet it stuck to my shoulders a lot, so a bun really is all we can do with long hair. A single braid isn't bad at all and I do that a lot too.
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    My hair is long and reasonably thick but I have a lot of layers through it now and it makes it much thinner and it can tuck away in a bun easily, after the workout when I take it out, and with all the layers it still looks fabulous
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    I do 2 doughnut side buns. My husband calls it "princess leia hair." I find it works best for when I have to lay on the ground for ab workouts and it doesn't fall out like a regular bun does.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I cut all my hair off in January - but before that I used to put it in a ponytail and pull it through the hole at the back of a cap. The cap helps keep the stray bits out of my eyes and absorbs some of the head sweat (yuck!).
    Now I just use the cap!
  • kelela92
    kelela92 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I can explain this, but here goes. I start at a mid-ponytail, while I'm holding the ponytail with my left hand, I take the tail part with my right, wrap it around my left thumb (down and around) then wind it up and back down (over my left hand fingers), like an S. Or think of it like when you wind up an electrical cord. It's the only thing that stays put and won't give me a headache. The "won't give me a headache" is the important part. For me, hair must be off my neck and not give me headaches (ponytails stay, but give me headaches. buns just refuse to stay and I don't want 50 bobbie pins in my hair). I also use a Lululemon headband, but those don't always stay put. May have to check out a bandana or the bondiband someone suggested.