Why the hell is V8 so high in sodium :(

Options
r5wr
r5wr Posts: 203 Member
I love V8 but feel guilty drinking.it cause.of the sodium, anyone se feel.this way on v8 or other things that SHOULD be good for you??

Replies

• Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I find that most things that SHOULD be good for me are the reason why I am overweight to begin with... but then again I am dealing with health issues too. So boo to that!!

But with the V8 I actually forgot about that one!!! I get low sodium variety, throw in a dash of celery salt and some hot sauce and heat it up for a guiltless snack!
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Get a juicer and make your own at home. Google "Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram" i "like" her on facebook, and she just had a V8 recipe posted either this morning or last night, that looked really good.
  • albinamom
    albinamom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    They do have low sodium V8 not as yummy but iots not bad at all.
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    I know everyone freaks out about sodium, but I pretty much ignore my sodium intake and just make sure I drink LOTS of water to balance it out, and I've lost weight just fine.
  • Ledgehanger
    Ledgehanger Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Why is V8 so high in sodium?

Because sodium tastes good...?
  • r5wr
    r5wr Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice I just have a weakness for v8 lol...
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Because sodium makes things delicious, duh.

ETA- if you don't have a medical reason to limit sodium such as high blood pressure, don't feel guilty or worry about it. Sodium causes water retention, not weight gain. Most of the population really doesn't need to stress out about it. Stress causes weight gain- not sodium!
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Sodium is a flavor enhancer, that's why you find a large amount of it in almost all processed food. That's why MSG was popular for so many years. Also, sodium, or just plain old table salt, helps cut the acidity in tomato sauce/juice
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :tongue: "Because Sodium Tastes Good" is the sad Truth.
    :drinker: I do get Low Sodium V-8 and I never Add Salt to my food, but other than that I agree with the Poster who said she just drinks lots of Water to counter balance the Sodium. I know mine is too High quite often, but I have lost weight, my Blood Pressure is within Normal Limits, and I don't have any swelling or edema going on. So I think I am OK.