Need that Push!

Options
Greetings and salutations!

I've reached the point where I have totally lost all motivation whatsoever. Over the past year and a half I've lost 25 lbs which has been incredible for my health and self-esteem but I just can't seem to move that last 15 to get down to my goal weight.

So I'm begging you, anyone, someone to help me out and help me keep on track and help motivate me. I feel like I'm starting to slide back into old habits and the last thing I want to do is put the weight back on that I fought so hard to get rid of.

In exchange I will do my best to motivate and encourage you. :D

PS - it's too late to figure out how to post pictures of my progress but there are some on my profile.

- D.

Replies

• impossibl3isnothing
    Options
    The key to progress is consistency. Stay consistent with your diet and workouts. Find out what motivates you to lose weight. Whether its for personal reasons, to look good, or feel good. Were all human and we are going to have days where we mess up on our diet but we should keep moving forward and make room for the future. Good Luck!!!
  • Jenny021880
    Jenny021880 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This website has helped me stay motivated. Try to logon every day. I read a lot of the posts and they continue to help me stay on track.
  • NurseJodies
    NurseJodies Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Well... I'm a nurse. So all I have to do is go to work to be reminded why being overweight is so unhealthy. I'm like you though. I feel so much better after losing 26 lbs. Sometimes, I would like to take a few weeks off and just maintain. Losing weight is so restrictive and requires a significant amount of discipline.

I say review your reasons for wanting to lose the last few pounds.

Set a training goal, like a 5 k or a cycing event and tell everyone about it. I'm not there yet so I just joined the August move your *kitten* challenge. It gives me a monthly goal and I move everyday to meet that goal. The accountability to the group helps.

Plan an event that you want to look great for. For me it's all the christmas parties and going to the theater for the Nutcracker this year. I'm also going on vacation in October. So that is a mini goal of mine.

And tell everyone you know that you are committed to losing weight. I know everyone is watching to see if I succeed. The encouragement and my pride to (to not fail) are both motivational.

And I'm really into extreme make-over weightloss edition. I know it isn't the healthiest way to lose. But I'm so impressed with their discipline that it drives me to work harder. I think if a 400lb individual can work out for 3-4 hours a day on 1500 calories. I can surely get in my 45 minutes!

I hope this helps....
  • lOvEly805
    Options
    have you tried switching up your workouts? Maybe increase the intensity? Might give that a try. the last lbs are never easy dont give up ! :)