Dolmio pasta sauce

Options
I'm trying this for the first time and it has nutritional info on the jar.
I was wondering if the calories listed on there are just for the sauce on it's own or if it's for the whole meal once it's made as per directions on the jar.

Replies

• deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    What do the nutritional information say? It's probably just for the pasta sauce.
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Its just for the sauce - not extra ingredients!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    it is just for the sauce.
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    Options
    I would say it was just the sauce also. You should make your own though as its much tastier and you know whats going into it. :smile:
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Serving size: 145g
    Average Qty: Per Serve
    Energy 618kJ
    Protein 2.1g
    Fat
    -total 10.1g
    -saturated 2.4g
    Carbohydrates
    -total 12.3g
    -sugars 4.7g
    Sodium 885mg
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    It is just for the sauce
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Make your own, it is less calories and tastes fabulous :D Oh and it is just the sauce.
  • casperuk
    casperuk Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Just the sauce but thats not Calories. Thts Kilojoules

About 148 Cals which should also be on there. I dont think I have ever seen anything without KCal on the nutritional info.
  • leanne9876
    Options
    Yeah I will be making my own from now on, this jar was in the cupboard from a few weeks ago, before I got serious about healthy eating.

Thanks for all the replies.

I had 71g ( weighed it after it was made up though) so trying to work out now how much of it would have sauce, how much pasta and it also had a few small bacon bits through it.
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Make your own, it is less calories and tastes fabulous :D Oh and it is just the sauce.

^^^^ This.....blitz a tin of tomatoes in a blender...or buy ready made passata....add whatever veg and herbs you like plus some lean meat if you like....if there's too much freeze it.
  • leanne9876
    Options
    Just the sauce but thats not Calories. Thts Kilojoules

About 148 Cals which should also be on there. I dont think I have ever seen anything without KCal on the nutritional info.

Yeah it only had Kj on there but I usually just use a conversion thing online to convert it to cal
  • casperuk
    casperuk Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Olive oil in pan, fry some chopped garlic and some basil till the garlic starts to go golden.

Add 1 large onion and stir till soft

Add 3 tins of plum tomatoes, use the spoon/spatula to chop them up.

Bring to boil and simmer till thickness reuired.

Can be used for pasta or pizza topping.
  • hungrybunni
    hungrybunni Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm trying this for the first time and it has nutritional info on the jar.
    I was wondering if the calories listed on there are just for the sauce on it's own or if it's for the whole meal once it's made as per directions on the jar.

As everyone says sauce only BUT if you swop out the pasta for gluten free pasta you will avoid the tummy bloat too. I use the low fat dolmio for speedy dinners.

good luck.
  • bestshiratakinoodles
    Options
    It is only for the sauce !!