Damn you pee!

Options
Now i've been drinking only water and green tea and going to the toilet by day is fine but now i wake up 3-4 times a night cause i need to pee and before all that water and tea i slept through the whole night, whats up with that:ohwell:

Replies

• Sam3622
    Sam3622 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain!!
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Try to drink it all earlier in the day. It seems to help me! :drinker:
  • turquoise3
    turquoise3 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Same thing happens to me :blushing:
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Don't drink too much a couple of hours before bed time.
    Only when you are thirsty.

Drink more water in the morning to compensate.
  • SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    Don't drink too much a couple of hours before bed time.

Yeah. I can't really afford to get up in the middle of the night to pee because I find it really hard to get back to sleep once my sleep's been interrupted.
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    You're drinking too much fluid.

I personally don't subscribe to the "you must drink (insert number) cups/ounces/litres of water a day" movement. Our bodies are well designed to signal to us if we are dehydrated. There is no need to "flush out" "toxins" with lots of water - our bodies also do that perfectly well.
  • mmmyotwnz
    mmmyotwnz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have to stop about and hour or so before bed and just take some sips if I have dry mouth. I usually watch some tv, read or catch up on the laptop before bed and I find putting the feet up and being horizontal triggers that "release' of some fluid I've been holding on to during the day. It has seemed to help some, but as I say this it's early here and i was awoken doing a mad dash to the bathroom....
  • mowu
    mowu Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Don't blame the tea/water....you're just getting old :laugh:
  • nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I try to stop fluid intake around 2 hours before bed, maybe that will help?
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Try to drink it all earlier in the day. It seems to help me! :drinker:

this
    I always drink a lot,always thirsty, but i limit my water after 9pm to 1 cup
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I try to make myself stop around 8 PM. This helps me only get up once. I used to make it through the night most of the time as well, but it doesn't kill me to get up once, so that's the compromise I made with myself. Most days I'm between 16-22 cups of water in a day, and I feel so much better than I used to. So, I guess this is what works for me, though I do feel your pain! :grumble:
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I drink 14 to 16 glasses of water a day and very rarely anything else however I know if I dont stop drinking maybe an 1 to 2 hours before I am ready for bed then I too will be up all night peeing .... so yes I agree stop drinking about an hour and a half prior to sleep!
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Don't blame the tea/water....you're just getting old :laugh:
    what what whaaaat....:laugh: I am a 32 yo young stallion!!
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Could be the caffeine in the green tea.
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    But i only drink green tea 3 times a day, breakfast, after first workout, after second workout.
  • HaleyJoAnn
    Options
    I go a ton! And I get really annoyed that I wake up in the middle of the night and have to go! On an average night.. I have to get out of bed and go the bathroom about 4 times.
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    I try and drink 2/3 of my water before or directly after lunch. I don't find it hard as I've always drunk lots of water but now I've upped my intake from 2 litres to 3-4 litres I'm The Tinkle Monster!
    I was going every 45 minutes last week.
    I agree with limiting. I'll only sip as I need it from dinner time onwards otherwise I'm up and down all night.

It only takes me one cup of tea a day and I'll start running to tinkle. Takes about 20-30 minutes and I'm off. So I try and drink tea first thing in the morning or just after dinner so there isn't much fluid in my tummy and the effects are gone before bed.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Is there any possibility that you could be pregnant? Have you tested? I had to get up constantly with both of mine. HATED it.

:wink: :laugh:

The only thing I can suggest is not drinking much after a certain time. I've heard of tea being a diuretic, but it can affect people differently, and I don't remember if it was gree tea or "regular" teas.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    What goes in, has gotta come out!

But really I do the same thing and I do drink all the way to bedtime and even have a glass of water sitting by the bed when I go to sleep.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Why is it such a surprise to people that drinking a lot makes you pee a lot? Stop drinking so much. Good grief.