How much did you lose in your first week?

Options
I know I'm jumping the gun a bit as I won't finish my first week until Tues but I can't wait to weigh in, was wondering how well everyone did on their first week?

Replies

• BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i lost 5 lbs!
    but, two pounds went right back on when i fell off the horse and had eating binge....
    Now i am RE-removing those two pounds back off again....slowly, though.

i suspect much of what i lost first week, was WATER, though. I had been Very sedentary, and probably was carrying around some water from all that inactivity, and getting moving helped remove that hidden water.

i weigh myself daily, although some advise against doing so. Lol, i am so new at this, i even had to learn how to get my digital scale to give accurate reads, like, don't move it!! Keep it in same exact spot every day.
    For *my* scale, i have to step on it slowly, and let it clear itself again completely, before re-weighing to see if it is accurate.

but, now,
    i rather wished i had also measured my waist, and NOT just go by pounds.....i still might do that, as i suspect, i will lose more inches
    than i will lose pounds.
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I think less than half a pound.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    It took me a couple of months to begin losing weight. I was trying to game the system, and surprise, surprise, I didn't lose any weight. When I finally got serious about eating right and exercise, that is when I started to make some progress.
  • adnol_2
    adnol_2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    1 pound
  • hnewman07
    hnewman07 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 pounds so far I weigh my self more then I should i get too excited
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Just checked back... I was inconsistent about weigh ins, but in my first two weeks I lost 4 lbs so I guess I averaged 2 lbs per week! But then 2 weeks later I had put a pound back on... overall I averaged about 2/3 of a lb a week over the time that I was actively trying to lose pounds.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I dumped like 10 lbs of water my first week! Then it slowed down from there!!
  • RF3377
    RF3377 Posts: 97
    Options
    I lost 6 lbs the first week, I'd imagine most if not all was water weight, average weight loss over last 6 an a half months is 1.6 lbs per week.
  • Mhairih30
    Mhairih30 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, you have all done so well.....I hope I don't let the team down on Tues :0) xx
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I lost 7, then it dropped down!!! Mine was purely water weight I'm sure.
  • zestyzaftig
    zestyzaftig Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've lost 3 pounds in the last 4 days, but I'm certain it's all water weight. I almost fell off the wagon last night by buying and drinking a 22-ounce bottle of ale, but was able to abstain (most of the credit goes to my supportive hubby).
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Not to be a Debbie Downer here, but I gained 2 pounds making me the heaviest I've ever been! By the third week, I was down 5 pounds though. I think my body freaked out at the beginning. Good luck!
  • BumbleMushroom
    Options
    I've lost 3lbs this first week, probably mostly water weight, but I've been walking a few miles a day instead of getting a bus to work. Another 34lbs to go... but I've got to stick with it! Good luck with MFP, stick with it and you'll be fine!

Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • ladyicye50
    ladyicye50 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I lost 8 pounds the first week and now it is about 2lbs a week.
  • 40tmw
    40tmw Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    5 lbs on week one. 5 lbs on week two. Since then it is a pound or two a week.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    10 lbs on my first week, but I was like 290 lbs so it was only about 3% of my body weight. Oh, and it was mostly water.
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose anything my first week, lol. Took a couple weeks for my body to really understand what was going on.
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Not to be a Debbie Downer here, but I gained 2 pounds making me the heaviest I've ever been! By the third week, I was down 5 pounds though. I think my body freaked out at the beginning. Good luck!

Same thing happened to me - took 3 weeks to lose anything. I did lose inches though! Taking measurements is just as important xx
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I lost 11 pounds my first week. Some of it was water weight, to be sure. I went from eating around 3500-4000 calories per day to 1800.
  • aimeem2
    aimeem2 Posts: 35
    Options
    i lost a few pounds the first week! Once you start logging, it's a serious reality check to see how much you've really been consuming.

17495672.png