how many lb's did you lose before you dropped a clothes size

Options
im 5' 10" my starting weight was 230lb's and i was squeezing into size 16 clothing (probably should of been an 18!) ive lost 36lb's now weighing in at 194lb and im still wearing size 16's, they are loose everywhere but the size 14's are fine on the thighs and hips but to tight on the wasit. i know everyone is different but roughly how many lb's did you loose before you went down a cothes size?

Replies

• deevatude
    deevatude Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    alot of poeple wear the wrong size clothes.

ive lost 35 pounds and still wear the same size pants
  • tocara
    tocara Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I was 154 and an down to 146.2 and still am wearing the same size. They are definitely more comfortable, but am looking forward to going down a full size! I am interested to hear other peoples responses
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    It also may be dictated by where your body drops weight and to what degree.

I don't understand women's sizes, but areas like the butt, hips and stomach seem to be the body's lower priority spots.
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    I dropped two pants sizes within the first four to five months. But I literally worked double time to make it happen! :flowerforyou:
  • beeble22
    beeble22 Posts: 12
    Options
    That's a good question, I have lost 211 lbs, and have lost 7 sizes...it's crazy because at first I had to drop about 30 lbs. to get into the next size, now it seems like I only have to drop about 15-20 lbs to get into the next size...I think it's because the muscle is heavier than the fat but is smaller than the fat. Also I think I am finally starting to lose the belly fat that I couldn't before because of so much fat else where...lol...I may be totally wrong, but this is the only guess I have as to why I only have to lose 20 lbs maybe if that to get into another size....
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I am still in the same size, but now they fit me, and some are a little baggy. If you are looking at clothes size, then don't focus on pounds! I am currently 235 pounds and I'm wearing 24W. When I was in a size 16, I was 130 pounds.

Get your tape measure out and take measurements! Then visit the website of your favorite store and click on their size chart. That will tell you what your measurements need to be for any given size. Forget the scale and focus on the tape measure. When it comes to clothes, weight is completely irrelevant. Focus on the size of your body, not how much you weigh! :wink:
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    That's a good question, I have lost 211 lbs, and have lost 7 sizes...it's crazy because at first I had to drop about 30 lbs. to get into the next size, now it seems like I only have to drop about 15-20 lbs to get into the next size..

I'd agree with that number and my experience has been similar.
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    For me 30 pounds = 4 sizes smaller, so at 10 pounds lost, I was already buying temporary clothes and having things altered.
  • gshoemaker06
    gshoemaker06 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm a dude so obviously it's a little different. I lost 35 lbs total and went from M/L shirt to S/M. My waist went from 36 to 31/32 inches. Also... strangely, I dropped a shoe size.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    For me 10 lbs is one size
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say since I can't afford to buy clothes until I hit my goal weight, so I just notice my old ones getting bigger but can't say by how many sizes. I'd say though that the first 20 pounds or so just made my clothes go from I-can't-breathe-tight to comfortable. At this point though, they're all massive. The thing that still weirds me out is how heavy they are.

You might want to check out this site: http://sizes.darkgreener.com/
    It allows you to put in your measurements and then tells you your size in a bunch of different brands/stores. Kind of fun to play around with and also helps me figure out approximately where I am since I don't have the actual clothes.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    0, in fact I gained a couple pounds when I dropped a jeans size. Oh the joys of weight lifting. :)
  • Rabbitfeet
    Rabbitfeet Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have lost 20 lbs and i have dropped a pant size. I am very big in the boob department and i never seem to lose weight off them! My waist is tiny in proportion but i still have to wear the same top size because of my boobs. So annoying!
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Started at 256lb and a size 20 pants or xxl shirt.

Now 220 and a size 16 pants or xl shirt (I carry a lot of weigh in my stomach area).
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I used to be a size 5 at 121 lbs. Now for some strange reason I'm a size 7 at 121 lbs. Maybe your bones grow? Oh well, as long as I feel my body looking better I don't care.
  • tarag8100
    tarag8100 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    In my experience, it takes a lot more weight to go from a 18 to 16 than a 10 to 8. Don't know why but it's happened and my sister. Focus on how your clothes feel more than the weight. I know it's dissapointing to lose a lot then still be in the same size but the truth is in the mirror. Your clothes fit better now and are getting baggy. Just a little more and it'll be that new size. I've known a couple women who skipped a size just because of how their body changed.
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    About every 7-8 pounds or so. I down 2 sizes, and on the verge of another drop.
  • firedupfriend
    firedupfriend Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    No doubt I am very odd and very lucky.
    Started at 254lbs, lost 7 lbs in 3.5 weeks.

Dropped from a 24 to 18 pants size.......................
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    5" 11" man...I've lost 30 lbs...I used to wear 42 size pants...yesterday I bought some 36's which are a little snug, and 38's which are a little loose.
    The 42's were a little loose at first, so I could be more comfortable, and not bust the seams of my pants, but by the time I started to correct my diet, the 42's were feeling a little tight.
  • EmmmaMay
    EmmmaMay Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've lost 80lbs and have gone down 2 dress sizes on top and 1 on the bottom.. I'm still wearing most of my old clothes.. hardly seems anything for the weight lost!
    I just keep having faith in the fact that if I keep going, eventually I WILL see the difference and be able to wear smaller sizes!