Not losing...I need help

Options
2»

Replies

• channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    1600 is still way to low especially when you're doing Insanity. You need to find out what your TDEE is and eat that for a week or so to get yourself "reset". After that, you can do TDEE less 20% and you should be back on track. This link is all you need to know.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

This..somewhat. based on your age, height and weight your TDEE is about 1880. Eating %20 less is actually under 1600, so you are eating enough. However, remember to focus on eating clean, less processe foods. High sodium and sugar will cause you to retain water weight. Carbs are good for you, but you may want to consider limiting them. Not totally cut out, but cut back. I haven't looked at your diary, so not sure specifically.

Doing Insanity myself and I weight 194. Your 24 pounds less lighter than me & I eat mostly around 1500-1600 caloires a day. However, I do go as high as 1800 calories, but no more than two days a week.

Actually, depending on how often she exercises her TDEE can be as high as 2977 to as low as 1880. My advise stands.

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html
  • thesgtmjr
    Options
    Are your clothes feeling looser? Measure your hips, thighs, arms and neck. With the exercise you might be building up muscle which is great as muscles burn calories. Change up your exercise routine so that your body does not become acustom to the exercises. IF you have access to a rowing machine, work out on that once or twice a week instead of a treadmill or stationary bike. Man will that burn calories! I do it for myself and can get a good workout cardiovascular wise. Also watch your sodium intake. We both know it is hidden in the food especially processed food. I eat oatmeal a few days per week and then I also enjoy eggs but I use small eggs and canadian bacon, the fat content is lower with the sodium but the protein is there to help my body lose the weight. And drink lots of water. I weigh my portions before I cook and even when I make a sandwich. I do go crazy on salads and I make my own dressings so I know what is in them. You are on the right track so keep up the good work. Just tweak your diet. I am 5'9" and the weight is slow coming off. But it is coming off.
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Maybe try taking a look at what you are eating. Are they healthy foods?

Everyone can slam me again and start back up with those nasty messages but I think it's really important to eat the right foods more than worry about calories.

Calories in. Calories out. Body doesn't care.

I beg to differ.

Source: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/calories/WT00011/

Counting calories: Get back to weight-loss basics

Your weight is a balancing act, and calories play a big role. Find out how calories determine your weight and ways you can best cut calories from your diet.
    By Mayo Clinic staff
    Despite all the diet strategies out there, weight management still comes down to the calories you take in versus those you burn off. Fad diets may promise you that avoiding carbs or eating a mountain of grapefruit is the secret to weight loss, but it's really all about calories.
  • mandilou79
    mandilou79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Do not eat your exercise calories back. I know I love to too but my roommate started doing that and she stalled. 1600 caloriesI think is good but don't eat your calories back. It's a calorie deficet we are going for so it wouldn't make sense to eat them back.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options

Everyone can slam me again and start back up with those nasty messages but I think it's really important to eat the right foods more than worry about calories.

I know many people advocate eating clean, but study after study has verified that you will have success at a caloric deficit even if it's not 'healthy'

You may not get all the nutrition you need, and you may not achieve your macros, but for pure weight loss purposes, calories in/calories out is what is needed :)

That's funny because "study after study" that I've read shows that some of us do better without certain kinds of food. How about stick to giving your opinion (since that's what it is) without trying to pretend that your opinion is more "right" then everyone else's? Better than study after study, I have the responses of my own body to judge by. I suppose it's not possible that some of us might have differences? Well, I do. If I eat grain I have uncontrollable cravings and binge and I'm SICK. Without them, I don't struggle and I'm HEALTHY, with the positive side effect of a steady weight loss. Go figure.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I laugh when people say “calories in calorie out” or “It doesn’t matter what you eat, just eat less”. This is very conflicting information because it is in a way true, but not totally. OP, basically, you’re going to have to do your own research and find out what your body can and cannot tolerate. The forums are a good place to gather general information, but don’t take what I say, or anyone else word for that matter, and think that it will automatically apply. I started in April experimenting with different info presented to me in order to get out of a 4 month plateau. I did lots of research and took some opinions on what was being said by other members. In the end I found that my body likes high protein/low carbs. Also, I found that cutting out the processed foods I was eating helped me lose more weight.

The above is just regarding your overall diet. Regarding doing Insanity/not losing weight, read what I posted earlier. Like I and someone else said sometimes you will not see results right away, but they are actually present. Also forgoing the scale is a great idea because it can cause you to become discouraged. TAKE MESAURMENTS & PHOTOS!!! Overall, I hope you have great success with this program and on your eating habits
    :smile:
  • AwakeinThai
    AwakeinThai Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sorry...did not realize it was private, changed it.
  • likemeinvisible
    Options
    Do not eat your exercise calories back. I know I love to too but my roommate started doing that and she stalled. 1600 caloriesI think is good but don't eat your calories back. It's a calorie deficet we are going for so it wouldn't make sense to eat them back.

THIS !!! Finally some voice of reason here ! If you are doing cardio for long enough time and burning fat why on earth would you want to replenish that fat !?
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Sorry...did not realize it was private, changed it.

I, personally, cannot lose weight if I eat that many carbs, especially from processed grain sources and sugar (and I don't have artificial sweeteners either). My way of eating isn't for everyone, I'm not saying that, but some people that have had trouble on high carb, low fat/low protein, may do very well on exactly the opposite.
  • debrawallin
    debrawallin Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump
  • haleydself
    Options
    You might be eating too little. I'm 5' 3" and my daily intake goal is 1200 if I want to lose weight. If you eat too little it can send your body warning signals that it needs to store fat to maintain your weight. Like when you get sick and you can't eat, your body has triggers to help you maintain through that. I would take another look at your suggested calorie intake for losing weight and see if that starts to make a difference for you. Hope this helps!

Exactly what I was going to say. Also if you are doing insanity, your muscles will retain water which makes it seem like you are gaining weight. Stop weighing for a month, and by then your muscles will be strong enough to get rid of the water weight! Also measure. You can lose inches but not weight as yours muscles become stronger . Hope this helps!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

THIS !!! Finally some voice of reason here ! If you are doing cardio for long enough time and burning fat why on earth would you want to replenish that fat !?

:noway: The first thing OP said was that she was eating 1200 and not losing, so she'd be basically doing the same thing all over again. Not eating them back doesn't make sense. She may need to up her calories even more. It would help her to go to the "In Place of A Road Map" thread and see what she comes up with.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options

I know many people advocate eating clean, but study after study has verified that you will have success at a caloric deficit even if it's not 'healthy'

You may not get all the nutrition you need, and you may not achieve your macros, but for pure weight loss purposes, calories in/calories out is what is needed :)

That's funny because "study after study" that I've read shows that some of us do better without certain kinds of food. How about stick to giving your opinion (since that's what it is) without trying to pretend that your opinion is more "right" then everyone else's? Better than study after study, I have the responses of my own body to judge by. I suppose it's not possible that some of us might have differences? Well, I do. If I eat grain I have uncontrollable cravings and binge and I'm SICK. Without them, I don't struggle and I'm HEALTHY, with the positive side effect of a steady weight loss. Go figure.

I'm sorry that you misunderstood my post. I too, have a lot of underlying medical issues. I'd never ever knock someone's issues. I don't recall saying my opinion was more right than anyone else's either.

Yes, some people cannot tolerate wheat products, that is for sure.

My post was referring to the original poster. Since nothing was mentioned of a specific medical need, I didn't reply as if there was one.

:flowerforyou:
  • SP00KSH0WBABY
    Options
    It can be MUSCLE!!!!!! Which is AWESOME!!! Don't always look at pounds, look at your body fat. Maybe pick up a scale that reads body fat as well. Hope it goes well! Keep your head up and keep pushing.
  • moneymom72
    Options
    Could not agree more Its all about the inches make sure you are measuring on a regular basis have you thought of adding a protein shake to your workouts? Goal is to lose weight and Gain lean muscle and become more fit Healthy not skinny.