How to keep the flame burning??

Options
I'm a chronic 3 minutes passion person, and in the past it has been a major tripping stone to me. I might start out really really hot, keeping my routine to a tee but it only last 3 months or less. The longest i've been on was because i hired a personal trainer and he really pushes me to the brink (and we had a contract to 6 months). However now im penny pinching for the wedding, a Personal Trainer is completely out of the question and how do i do it on my own? :( how do you keep yourself going when you are low on your motivation?

Replies

• agriffiths73
    agriffiths73 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    How motivated are you about your wedding? How much focus have you got on saving money? It's all relative, and if you can stick at some things better than others, then you need to understand what the differences are between them.

Getting your wedding organised is a big deal, I know mine took a lot of planning and because it was so important, I didn't lose sight of what it had to be - the best day for both of us.

On weight loss, keep your goals in mind, become your trainer - echo what they say in your head. Make yourself do it! Get into the habit of a decent routing that won't get in the way too much, so you can't use any excuse for not following it.

We can be your personal trainers too - post your plan, your workouts, your goals, and we'll see to it that you stick to them!!
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    think of the wedding dress!

also keep switching it up - I stop because i am bored so if you start to struggle with motivation try finding a new challenge - go to a new class, sign uop for a 5k, make a bet with yourself ( or better an frenemy or your fiance - someone you want to beat for one reason or another). have a rewards scheme i.e.

next month i am going to start saving £10 -15 a week for every week i don't catch the bus ( this is about what i would spend on my commute) and if i am good for a month the money goes into a sexy jeans pot and if i am bad it goes to rent) and then at Xmas i am going to be slim and toned enough ( I AM) to fit into a Fab pair of designer jeans which i will get with my sexy jeans stash ( if i have saved enough!) ( i have always been to big for their sizes.
    find non food rewards - new book, catch up with friends, manicure, (even if you do it yourself allot an hour and give a hand massage the 3 coats the whole works - light candles and have nice music etc), go to a museum,. have an hour of mee time ...

keep switching the diet up if you get bored its not great so every week i try and make one healthy pledge and stick with it ( this week is 3 portions of oily fish, last week was at least 2 portions if vege with all 3 meals) etc
    learn how to cook new things (from scratch) i.e pizza rather than buying it - it'll be healthy and cheaper and you get sa sense of achievement!

( i have no idea if you already do this but these are just how i am keeping going now for my longest time and have finally progressed beyond losing the same 10lbs over and over again! )

good luck and don't forget MFP is always here for you with a range of advice from the crazy to the useful to cheer you up and help you move forward!

LW x
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I don't have a good answer for this, because every person is so unique in what motivates and sustains them.

I think what keeps me going is that is just feels so good to live a healthy lifestyle. I'm kinda proud of it, actually. I'm also one of those people who enjoys spending time outdoors, so hiking and trail running are fun for me. I also tend to get that little thing called runner's high - that lovely release of endorphins - and it keeps me highly motivated to come back for more. I also stay motivated to eat healthy food because I've developed a passion for cooking and trying new recipes, so I just look for those with healthy, fresh ingredients.

I think the key to staying motivated is determining your priorities, setting appropriate goals, and avoiding negative influences. Think about your goals. Is this something that you really want or need? If so, why is it so important to you? What are the things that are getting in your way and how can you overcome them? If you have a clear vision for your future and a plan to get there, it makes things a whole lot easier. Good luck!
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    having a goal really keeps me going! If i set my mind to it, I will do it!
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I do everything on a budget...including exercise motivation.

I'm spending more time in my iTunes Library, picking a motivational song to get me through. I use an elliptical machine in my living room for exercise and I've worked to 5.5 mph and 90 minutes.

I set my playlist for a big "go" song and and then space those "go" songs 4 apart, filling in between. I listen to the playlist in the car, make changes at night for exercise in the morning.

I have 14 more pounds to go, the scales have stopped moving, but I'm totally loving my legs and the way my whole body is tightening up. FABULOUS!

So, I would suggest spending some time in your music library...find your "go" songs and watch out---motivation abounds!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    think of the wedding dress!

THIS!

it'll all be worth it when you can look at your wedding pictures and NOT have any 'fat' pictures...!!!
  • Arilysal
    Arilysal Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    thank you all! these are all wonderful advice and yes, it will definately click with the budget story! Shrink the size and grow the money! Why must weddings be so expensive TT_TT, i am now constantly hungry though. Staying on a 1200 calories isnt easy, but i'll have to soldier on.