Sweet 'after big dinner' cravings... Healthy ideas??

Options
2»

Replies

• 2BhappyBhealthy
    2BhappyBhealthy Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds kind of hard to believe but I am a DIE HARD chocolate (but will accept sweets of any kind) craver and this really works for me. Plus it totally has the "ice cream texture".

SO - slice up an over ripe banana and put it in a baggie or tupperware and freeze it. It'll stay forever but is best over the next hour to couple days... Once ready to eat, pull out however many slices you want and let them sit for a few miutes to soften (but not too much!). Unpeel them and enjoy! Little ice slates form in the banana and it tastes just like ice cream! And I don't even like banana ice cream! Would also be really good with some kind of topping (I always liked the chocolate whipped cream frozen as a tasty low cal treat). Oh maybe add some chopped or slivered nuts or something...? WELL, I think I know what my new sweet invention is ;)
  • mrsains
    mrsains Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Ice-cream lover here as well... I'm finding frozen yogurt does the trick. If you're in Canada, I love the PC brand. Yum.
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Blue Bunny has Root Beer Float Popsicles that are like 80 calories. Very good. Also there are some Freezer Pops that are like 35 calories and have all kinds of flavors that include soda pop and fruit flavors. Depending on how many calories you have left after dinner, the Perfect Zone Double Double Chocolate protein bar tastes like a dang candy bar. lol There are so many different shakes you can make with yogurt, frozen fruit, ice cubes and either water or milk.