MAGNITUDE 7 EARTHQUAKE

Options
mommared53
mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
Haiti was hit by a magnitude 7 earthquake! Please pray for the people of Haiti. How horrible! :cry: :brokenheart:

Replies

• Eliaheart
    Eliaheart Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I saw that too :( One of my colleagues has family there... I truly, truly hope everyone is ok. How terrible :brokenheart:
  • Saken
    Saken Posts: 476
    Options
    yes i saw that too! unfortunate thing
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I don't normally ever solicit for anything - but close associates of mine live in Haiti - my Church helps to support a man by the name of Hudson Michelle who runs 3 schools in Haiti with 250 students and he also pastors a church of 150 people. He's a GREAT man, one one who cares nothing for fame or fortune. He cares about trying to meet the physical and intellectual needs of his community.

His school provides one meal a day for those 250 children free of charge - and THAT is a big thing in Haiti where the people of his community usually only get three meals a WEEK. Three meals a WEEK. That reality sure puts everything back into perspective. And now with the earthquake things are only going to get worse. :(

Anyway - we have been helping support Hudson and his work in Haiti - we just heard from him a couple of minutes ago - his house is still standing, but we still don't know how the entire community is. We don't know if they still have a water supply - one of our goals is to build them a well because their water is very poor as it is.

If you want to help in some way, but worry that your money might be used for administrative things, and not for feeding, clothing, and helping those honestly in need you might want to look at this web site that talks about Hudson and how you can help.

Like I said I don't solicit, but I give you my solemn word that if you gave to this cause every single penny would go to Hudson who is a man of great integrity and has a heart for his suffering people.

The Web site is promoting our general Haiti project that went into effect last year. The emergency relief stuff isn't there yet, but it will all now be earmarked for emergency relief:

http://generationsprojects.com/index.php?id=7

Thanks.
  • Wecandothis
    Options
    Here is a link to a Video taken by one of our Pastors of the Schools that we support in Haiti

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FFlS4EUP0Y
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that website. Our church sponsors a missionary to Haiti but I'll look at the website when I get home.
  • Wecandothis
    Options
    Hudson is Haitian, he's not a missionary, he lives and grew up there. Missionaries are good, but he's just a man who has lived there all his life and saw a need and wanted to do something about it.. And while he's also a Pastor, his primary purpose and goal is to see to their needs, get them fed and educated. And that makes me really happy.