9 Drinks to Avoid

Options
BJPCraig
BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
I don't think anyone would EVER consider most of these drinks to be healthy, but it's still interesting to see just how bad some things can be!

http://www.takepart.com/photos/9-sugar-filled-drinks-avoid

Replies

• postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Well, there goes my McDonald's shake diet. ;)
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    i used to drink the chocolate peanut butter coldstone shake alllll the timeee gross over 1700 calories!
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Luckily, being in the UK, I don't actually drink any of them!
  • chipvb
    chipvb Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good article.
    Wow, I never knew Rockstar Energy Drink puts a warning "Not recommended for children or pregnant women on it".
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I never did drink any of that stuff. Sure they are bad for you but it's obvious.
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Good article.
    Wow, I never knew Rockstar Energy Drink puts a warning "Not recommended for children or pregnant women on it".

Seems like common sense to me though. It is an energy drink after all! I wouldn't want my kid all jacked up on that stuff!
  • ckay220
    ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Minute Maid Lemonade and Cranberry grape juice mixed together are what I had at least 3 or 4 times a week..It was/is the BEST drink ever. Now I'm sad. lol. :sad:
  • anat0my
    anat0my Posts: 15
    Options
    All of Mcdonalds milkshakes are pretty bad for you, even the lighter ones like Strawberry ):

14648944.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    omh starbucks WHITE hot chocky???? that sounds weird! lol sorry they dont have them over here!!! :bigsmile:
  • Rage4lightning
    Rage4lightning Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i used to drink the chocolate peanut butter coldstone shake alllll the timeee gross over 1700 calories!

Me too! I've also been known to enjoy the Vitamin Water XXX flavor and Minute Maid Lemonade.
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Wow I never knew vitamin water had that many grams of sugar in it, I thought it was supposed to be good for you!! Wow. Who knew!!
  • mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I drink the vitamin water zero but now im going to have to check the label because i didnt think the regular ones would be loaded with sugar!!! Ugh!!
  • heygurlheyyyy
    heygurlheyyyy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the cake batter shake at Coldstone. Then one day, years ago, I checked the nutritional info just for *** and giggles since I knew it was going to be ridiculous. I had NO IDEA it was that ridiculous. I haven't had one since. I miss having them like once every few months, but damn.
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I've tried a mouthful of "Peanut butter and banana" milkshake at a place in England called Red Dog Saloon (http://www.reddogsaloon.co.uk/) that was really nice, but I'm guessing one of those is near to the milkshake on there.

And as for Mountain Dew - we get it over here, and if I had it, it used to give me the evil-est headache and I'm not surprised with that amount of sugar in it!!
  • FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Milkshakes contain a lot of calories? Mind = Blown.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    mmm milkshakes
    too bad they don't sell them in Spain
  • likemeinvisible
    Options
    can't get McDonald's Triple Thick Chocolate Shake in UK. It has 168g sugar. The highest I could find was Large shake with 86. Too bad, I wanted to try that and see if I explode or something:)
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I need to pay more attention to labels! WOW!!
  • RzRzRzR
    RzRzRzR Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    just shared on fb - thanks