No results thus far with 30 day shred?

Options
Hi, I just finished Day 2 of Level 2 of the shred. (i spent 6 days on level 1 as it was pretty easy for me after a few days).

My diet is usually between 1200 - 1500 calories per day. After 8 days of the shred I have seen no change on the scale (except it fluctuating up a pound a lot more instead of staying steady) and the only place I have lost inches is 1/2 off my hips....

I was hoping to get past my plataeu by doing the shred. Does it just not give some people results? Is it even worth continuing it?

It is very frustrating working my *kitten* off every day but getting nothing back in return.

Replies

• planetrunner
    Options
    Work out for 30 days and then look for a difference :) Not every few days.
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to say that the Shred will help with the shaping, but most people don't lose very many pounds. You are strengthening and the muscles are repairing, etc. It should definitely help with inches but I don't think you should look to it to lose pounds unless you add additional cardio maybe. After the 30 days, it could reignite your losses though. Better to take pictures and see the results as a whole and try not to focus on the scale.
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Change takes time, results will not appear after 8 days. Finish the 30 and then see what your results are.
  • Cara2628
    Cara2628 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of adding in a 30 min cardio video each day. Would that help?
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    If that is you in your profile pic, you look pretty fit. The Shred might not be difficult enough for you. You also don't look to have a lot of fat to lose. So a lot of the weight that you might lose going forward, may be lean body mass.
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Work out for 30 days and then look for a difference :) Not every few days.

Exactly.

Also, you look super tiny to begin with, so you definitely can't expect to lose major inches like some of the larger people who do 30DS. I think I lost around 4" after 30 days, which seemed really disappointing to me when I saw that many people in the 30 DS group lost like 7-12", but once I realized I started from a much different (smaller) place than they did, I felt really good about my results.
  • Cara2628
    Cara2628 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Change takes time, results will not appear after 8 days. Finish the 30 and then see what your results are.

That is true, it is just frustrating when I see people losing 5+ pounds within the first week, you know?
  • MCinSoCal
    Options
    Any kind of change takes time, I'd say a MINIMUM of 2 weeks. I'd bet you're building up your muscles right now and WILL notice a difference after the 30 days. I'm on day 3 of the 30 shred and still on Level 1 and my body is sore. Make sure you suck in/squeeze your stomach during the exercises and squeeze your legs glutes during those exercises for max effect...give it a try and good luck! Just stick to it!!! :smile:
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hey Doll. Do not be discouraged. I finish Ripped in 30 tomorrow. Toward the end you and others will notice the difference.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    what kind of results are you looking for? i mean, judging from you avatar picture, you do not need to lose much (any) weight. are you looking to build some muscle?

have you heard about staci?? http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

on the left she is 131lbs, on the right she is actually heavier at 142lbs,.

Screen-Shot-2011-07-21-at-92311-AM.jpg
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Most people don't lose a ton during the majority of the 30DS - that's the exception rather than the rule, at least from observation of the large group I did it with. A lot of us actually gained a pound or two the first two weeks! I went up 2lbs the first week, down 1lb the second week - it wasn't until the third week that I actually saw a net loss of 1lb, because the workout was intense enough to make me sore and my muscles to retain water/glycogen. By the end of the 30DS I lost 6lbs but I would never have guessed that from the first two weeks!
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I first did "shred" then "ripped",didn't lose any pounds,but lost about 4+". I am now doing Zumba,pounds are coming off! From the looks of your pic,if that's you,I have lots more to lose than you.
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You're not getting any stronger?? I am not seeing so much progress, but every day I feel myself getting stronger and more capable. The outward results HAVE to follow.
  • tigergirl59
    Options
    Sounds like you may be putting on some muscle, which is heavier than fat and dense. Keep it up! You'll soon see results and you will be toned!
  • katidid213
    katidid213 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think you may be overdoing it. Low calories plus intense exercise. Maybe your body needs more to work with. Try adding some nuts for extra protien and energy.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    and the only place I have lost inches is 1/2 off my hips....

Does it just not give some people results?

It is very frustrating working my *kitten* off every day but getting nothing back in return.

hmmm since when is 1/2 inch off your waist in 8 days not results?!?! I think you need to re-evaluate where your head is at! No one will notice what the "number" on the scale says, but people can visibly see a smaller waist.

From your picture you clearly don't have much fat to lose, 1/2 pound a week the best goal for someone like that. But you won't necessarily see the number change on the scale since your retaining glycogen from the training you are doing.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Based soley off that avatar, I wonder if you even HAVE 5 lbs to lose?!?! You may not lose any weight if you don't have any to cough up. Maybe just focus on how good you feel while doing the workouts and ignore the call of the scale for awhile.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    guys I exercised twice how come I'm not losing weight

what's the deal
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I started out at 256 and have lost to 244 and I am very strong, I have lost 13.5 inches over all. 3.5 in the hips, 2 in the tummy, 1 in the thighs and 2 in each arm and 2 in the chest. I have been doing it for 17 days working out and 21 days total including non working out days. I am thrilled to say that I have lost a lot of weight and am continuing to lose. Also, I have found that it is more anaerobic so including walking or in my case my elliptical adds cardio to my workout and burns weight even faster.

I also agree with everyone else. You look fantastic, I would focus on muscle toning and not trying to lose any more weight. You will look thinner but weigh the same. Muscle is sexy.
  • ericachristie85
    ericachristie85 Posts: 69 Member
    Options

That is true, it is just frustrating when I see people losing 5+ pounds within the first week, you know?

I think those people have a lot to lose. Its relative. If you have only 5lbs to lose, you'll probably only lose 1 or 2lb while someone who has 100lbs to lose could lose 20lb. You look great, and an inch off your hips sounds like great progress.