Jealousy?

Options
ironanimal
ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
So, what would you make of a situation like this;

A couple of days ago, my girlfriend and I spent about 30 minutes sunbathing on a field, overlooked by an apartment block - I had my shirt off, but had shorts and and my girlfriend was in her bra, but also wearing shorts, laying on her stomach

Today, we're approached by a middle-aged woman, in less than her physical prime, and told we shouldn't be doing it because there are 30 apartments overlooking the field, and the woman makes a point of trying to convey her opinion that we'd done something that had upset her.

I chalked it up to jealousy honestly, as I think she was probably self conscious about her body after seeing my girlfriends - mine is nothing to write home about, unless she was concerned my belly was scaring the children.

Thoughts?

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I highly doubt she's jealous of your girlfriend. Not all ladies have jealously issues, contrary to popular man belief.

If anything, she's nosy. Not jealous. And maybe she believes that women shouldn't "expose" their body in public.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    probs just a prude :)
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    She's a prude. Ignore her.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I think it could be a mixture of things. Jealousy could definitely play part of that, but some people are the 'think of the children' type who think women's bodies should be covered at all times. I'd tell her that unless you were doing something illegal, like public nudity or if it's private land, then you're going to continue unless the authorities tell you to stop.

I had a neighbor who used to sunbathe naked in her back yard. You could see everything from my parents bedroom window. Needless to say, my dad cracked a few jokes and my mother rolled her eyes, but you'd never see her knocking on the door telling the woman to cover up. XD
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    I'd say she needs to mind her own business. It's not like it is illegal. If she doesn't like it she doesn't have to look .Not any worse than seeing someone in their bathing suit.
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Prude----maybe a little jealousy but mostly I'd guess not comfortable with that much nudity.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I think she may have had a different reaction were your girlfriend in a bathing suit rather than underwear. I know it covers the same area, but really, one is socially acceptable in public and one is not.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Just a prude. It was probably your GF not being in a swimsuit but just her bra and shorts.
    Just ignore it and continue getting some sunshine.
  • PinkEnvyx
    PinkEnvyx Posts: 172
    Options
    Not sure her reasons but some affiliate a person in their bra in public as going out in your underwear. Despite most bikini tops I see cover way less than any bra I have it is silly but nonetheless true. Or maybe see has a husband ogling your girl and is blaming your girl for being in a bra in public view.

post-48-1090407747.jpg
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    In college, I used to do my homework in the grass behind my dorm..in my bra and panties. They matched and were cute...I figured they passed as a bikini. And the boys sure didn't mind....
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I think she may have had a different reaction were your girlfriend in a bathing suit rather than underwear. I know it covers the same area, but really, one is socially acceptable in public and one is not.

True but silly. My daughter is out in a bra and underwear all the time. (Rocky Horror shadow cast member) It covers more than her bikini. She's actually stood next to a ploice officer while she was in costume waiting to cross the street.

Nothing illegal. Some people are just prudes. I probably would have said something like, "I'm sorry you choose to be offended."
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I'd say she's just one of those types that looks for things to b*tch about.
  • ironanimal
    Options
    Just a prude. It was probably your GF not being in a swimsuit but just her bra and shorts.
    Just ignore it and continue getting some sunshine.
    To clarify, when I say shorts, I mean below-the-butt actual denim shorts.

It boggles my mind that people can be so devoid of joy and interests that they could be offended by something like this.
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    prude.. but i must say.. if i had been there the police would had to have been called.. its always a big todo when a whale beaches themselves..
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Some people would just see it as inappropriate. Jealousy is a possibility. When I was in my forties I was lying out buy the apartment pool up around Portland. I rolled over on my stomach and undid my top(no tan lines right)and some gal younger then me, came over(she was from possibly India)and she said I was inappropriate. I told her I disagreed and she would not leave me alone about it. There were no children in this complex but she was not going to have it. I finally ran her off by telling her if she had a problem with it take it to the manager. I didn't hear anything so guess the manager didn't care. I think it was the gals culture but, she was wearing a bikini. She was with some guys, one or two.

I think it's hard to live in the city or around anyone to be honest. I like my freedom and would rather live way out somewhere. I had a friend that use to drive way up the river here, just to get away so they could sunbath in the nude. One time some older guy was peeking at her and she got up and walk right up to him and said, what, you've never seen a naked woman?? LOL!! She said he just couldn't get away from her fast enough!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    LOL, oh stop that:laugh:
    prude.. but i must say.. if i had been there the police would had to have been called.. its always a big todo when a whale beaches themselves..
  • CanadianThunder
    Options
    Thoughts?

If this happened here (in Canada) I'd be going back the next day and laying out topless, it's legal here!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Thoughts?

If this happened here (in Canada) I'd be going back the next day and laying out topless, it's legal here!

Sigh... I'm moving to Canada.
  • CanadianThunder
    Options
    Thoughts?

Please do.
  • ironanimal
    Options
    Thoughts?

Please do.
    Tempting...