Important to track Protein?

Options
I've added Greek yogurt to my daily "allowable" food list. I know that it's healthy and has benefits for my digestive health and have been encouraged to eat more or it HOWEVER I'm now finding that I go over my "allowable" protein by just adding 1/2 a cup a day. I'm feeling good and have added energy, so I'm not sure how important it is to stay under / at my protein allowance, especially when I'm typically under my daily calorie allowance. Any advice?

Replies

• happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    MFP sets protein pretty low. It can be GOOD to go over. Many, many peeps here consume double the recommended. I know I try to get in at least 80g per day.

Protein helps your body in many ways and is found in foods that are filling. Go for it :)
  • aaeros
    aaeros Posts: 157
    Options
    I've been wondering about that as well. I am typically over my protein, but under my calories.
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    The default MFP protien goal is very low. Make that particular macro a minimum, not maximum :)
  • VWbaker
    VWbaker Posts: 16
    Options
  • Eagles802051
    Eagles802051 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yeah MFP sets it way too low i believe also. You can change your macros by going to your profile and changing the goals. The bare min i would set it at is 20%. Protein is involved in so many functions in your body! It also makes you feel alot fuller longer. Good choice on the greek yogurt!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I try to get 90g a day and sometimes over 100g. Eat your protein!