No results thus far with 30 day shred?

Options
2»

Replies

• foreversunshine1
    foreversunshine1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Aggie,

I was looking over your profile and you are so tiny after 18lb loss (congrats! , btw). Is it possible that you are at a healthy weight for your height/frame?
  • samhigh
    samhigh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just finished Day 2 of Level 2 of the shred. (i spent 6 days on level 1 as it was pretty easy for me after a few days).

My diet is usually between 1200 - 1500 calories per day. After 8 days of the shred I have seen no change on the scale (except it fluctuating up a pound a lot more instead of staying steady) and the only place I have lost inches is 1/2 off my hips....

I was hoping to get past my plataeu by doing the shred. Does it just not give some people results? Is it even worth continuing it?

It is very frustrating working my *kitten* off every day but getting nothing back in return.

Adding more cardio could potentially slow progress. If you are eating 1200-1500, you are probably right at or below maintenance calories. Running a further deficit could put the body into starvation mode and store unwanted fat even with such a low calorie diet.

Half an inch off the hips for someone as lean as you is still progress. Hang in there. When done with the shred message me and I can share a program with you that will take the final bit of body fat off easily. Best of luck!
  • maddiejonich
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel I started 30DS in the hope of losing my final 5 lbs. At the end of level 1 (I did 7 days) I had put on 4lbs! I was so annoyed and frustrated as that was the last thing that I wanted. However, I perservered and have just finished it. During level 2, I lost 2lbs then put it back on a few times! I was also eating about 1500 calories, most days about 1200. Anyway, at the end of the 30 days I have lost 2 lbs from my starting weight, 1 inch from my waist and 1.5 inches from my hips. I was disappointed with my measurements but when I look at my before and after pics there is so much difference! I am much more toned, especially in my arms and shoulders and my abs! Stick with it. As u are tiny and in good shape already I bet you may only lose 1 or 2 lbs but you will feel so much stronger xxx
  • Cara2628
    Cara2628 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am 5'3 and right now I weigh 123.5. I just have a final 5 lbs to lose so that is why I decided to start with the shred. It makes sense that people who have a lot more weight to lose will lose more quickly. I guess I am just frustrated after being at this weight for 2 - 3 weeks only fluctuating up and down a little bit. I really appreciate everyone's help! I just need to stick with it and hopefully after the 30 days is over I will see some more results :) I also just started Jillian Michael's body revolution, so I am sure that will help too.
  • Cara2628
    Options
    Secretlobster, thanks but I don't appreciate the sarcasm, I am working hard to lose weight and get in shape just like everyone else on here.
  • Dino924
    Dino924 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You look in way better shape than me, I did 7 days of level 1 and so far 5 days of level 2. I've lost 1/2" on my waist and about a pound, eating 1200-1500 calories. I feel a little more toned though, and I'm willing to wait 30 days to see what happens.

I didn't check your profile, but from your pic you dont' look like you have much fat. I'm about 26% body fat, 5"3" 122 lbs. Try using heavier weights or modifying the exercises to make it harder. I find her ab exercises pretty easy.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Change takes time, results will not appear after 8 days. Finish the 30 and then see what your results are.

That is true, it is just frustrating when I see people losing 5+ pounds within the first week, you know?

It's all about %s - if you start out at 300 pounds, 5 pounds is a much smaller percentage of your body weight, so it can conceivably come off pretty quickly. If you start out at 150 pounds, its a hecka lot harder to get 5 pounds to come off at once.

If you are looking for something harder, try Jillian's Kettlebells workout - similar combination of weights/cardio, but with more of a core focus than 30DS. I like mixing up between the two.
  • Cara2628
    Options
    what kind of results are you looking for? i mean, judging from you avatar picture, you do not need to lose much (any) weight. are you looking to build some muscle?

have you heard about staci?? http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

on the left she is 131lbs, on the right she is actually heavier at 142lbs,.

Screen-Shot-2011-07-21-at-92311-AM.jpg

I am not trying to build muscle, but I am trying to get a little leaner. I think adding in cardio will help me achieve that so I did starting today! And Staci looks amazing! I guess weight really is just a number, not a mesure of fitness...
  • megamindgirl
    Options
    Well, if 30ds is "working your *kitten* off," don't try billy blanks. Or insanity. Or p90x. this jillian Michaels video is the easiest workout and I wouldnt expect much out of it.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    nice first post in a four month old thread.
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just finished Day 2 of Level 2 of the shred. (i spent 6 days on level 1 as it was pretty easy for me after a few days).

My diet is usually between 1200 - 1500 calories per day. After 8 days of the shred I have seen no change on the scale (except it fluctuating up a pound a lot more instead of staying steady) and the only place I have lost inches is 1/2 off my hips....

I was hoping to get past my plataeu by doing the shred. Does it just not give some people results? Is it even worth continuing it?

It is very frustrating working my *kitten* off every day but getting nothing back in return.

Give yourself a fighting chance! It's only been 8 days for you. I don't think you will see much results in only 8 days. I would stick with the 30 day shred for the full 30 days and check for results then.

I just started the shred myself and will be on day 6 level 1 tomorrow and I am working my *kitten* off, too. I hope to see major results in 30 days. (not only weight loss, but inches lost as well) But I know I have to give it time. I feel your frustration! I am working my *kitten* off and I want instant results, too. Progress is slow and we have to be patient. We can support each other.:smile:

It's neat that you are doing level 2. That is progress! You should give yourself a pat on the back.