how many lb's did you lose before you dropped a clothes size

Options

Replies

• ParaSempreAmor11
    ParaSempreAmor11 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    before i had MFP, from janurary till now i lost 40 pounds and went from size 16 to size 10 :bigsmile:
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm a dude so obviously it's a little different. I lost 35 lbs total and went from M/L shirt to S/M. My waist went from 36 to 31/32 inches. Also... strangely, I dropped a shoe size.

My feet got smaller too!
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    About 25 lbs. Which let me know that my clothes were a size too small anyway! LOL. It took about 10 lbs for them to fit 'right'. Then the other 15 til they were obviously too big.
  • tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    10. I'm 5'3" and typically I can count on going down a size after I've dropped a full 10lbs.

And naturally I go up a size after I've gained 10
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, it seemed to take forever. I bet I was 35 pounds in before I changed sizes. Granted the pants were BIG by the time I bought new ones.
  • Marianeyda
    Marianeyda Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I would think losing inches would change your size over pounds. You can lose 5 pounds and not lose two inches... just sayin'

yep! i'm a beliver
  • alisonlk
    alisonlk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I dropped from a (tight) 10 to a comfortable 8 after about 20 lbs. As it stands right now, I'm either a 6 or an 8 depending on how the garment is cut.
  • smily_001
    smily_001 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It depends on your body. I have lost over 100lbs and I went almost 50lbs befor going down then went down pretty fast in pants after that (32 pants to a 22). But in shirts I have only gone down 2 sizes and that's only in some brands in some I am just down one. Don't let it dicourage you, you will get to your goals..
  • Artemis32617
    Options
    It also depends on the kind of weight you're losing. Are you losing weight from lost muscle mass or lost fat? I've lost about 10 lbs so far, by only about 3 of those lbs were actual body fat. The rest was water and probably some muscle, since I wasn't strength training so I wasn't actually doing much to reduce my overall size. Now that I'm strength training and losing body fat, I'm starting to see that my clothes are getting bigger. I probably need to lose another 7 lbs of body fat in order for my clothing size to drop.
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    to OP, we are the same height, but i lost about 10 or 12 lbs before my pants and skirt size dropped (pun!) ...Pants...dropped...

anywhoozits. It depends upon your upper and lower. I'm wide through the shoulders but i'm a B cup, so i'm wide and skinnyish on top and was very curvyish on the bottom. My pants sized changed but I'm still wearing size 10 or 12/Large shirts and blouses--they just look like the fit now.
    I've known people to lose 50 or more pounds and it looks as though they lost it all on top and their thighs are still heavy. They probably lost a butt-ton in their butt, but only dropped one size.
    I would say go buy yourself a new pair of pants in a real quality fit or try to find a higher-end jean that looks really great (try consignments stores). Hey, you could just shop to try stuff on to see if a size 14 fits you in those higher end brands. . . o.k. i'm totally rambling here. It's a friday...
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I think this is what I did. I started at 201 pounds (5'3") wearing a size 16. Only thing, I probably should have been wearing a size 18! So now I've lost 15 pounds and wondering why I can't fit into my size 14 clothes yet. I am probably 5 to 10 pounds away from a size 14. Although, I remember from losing weight before (after my 8 year old daughter was born) that it was one size for about every 10 to 15 pounds I lost.
  • sarah6336
    sarah6336 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I dropped a size when I lost 9 lbs. (It was a full 2 inches off my waist and hips.)
  • momof2TONI
    momof2TONI Posts: 116
    Options
    I am short (5'3") and had to lose 20 lbs before I could wear a smaller size. Every pound shows for sure on short people. :)
  • August_1958
    August_1958 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    So many various weight losses vs clothing sizes lost. I think the answer to this question all depends on your body type AND your age.

I started at a size 16 and am down to size 10/12 (with only 18 pounds loss). I have at least 45 more pounds to go. What size will I be then? A size 4??

When I was 115 pounds at 20 years old, I wore a 9/10. Go figure. (Pardon the pun!!!)
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    With guys the BRO rule is 8-10lbs for an inch. I dropped from 41" -> 34" and lost 45-50 lbs.
  • GabyG69
    GabyG69 Posts: 213
    Options
    I've lost about 31 lbs. and I have dropped 2 pant sizes.. working on dropping one more. Hopefully I can get there at the 40 lb. mark :)
  • Songtothesiren
    Songtothesiren Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    This sounds weird, but it wasn't the scale read weight loss that changed my clothes size, it was the exercise. What's more it's gone in odd places. My bra cup size has dropped a lot - but some of my largest shirts are still pulling and gapping. Stocking and tights see to fit much better - but some of my knickers are still in the Bridget Jones category.

So I blame clothing manufacturers for a variety of interpretations as to what a standard clothes size is. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Mavis
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I was 200 and wearing 16/18/20's depending on maker.. 16s fit because I have no butt and small thighs for my size.
    I am 5 ft. 9 inches. I have lost almost 40 lbs and now can fit into a 12 comfortably, but some pants are loose and I can go to a ten.

Even at my heaviest I had a defined waist and no butt... so I think I always was lucky in sizes. Once I broke the size 16 barrier, it seems I can go down a size just with a few pounds loss. I seem to lose in lower body first.
    Chest and upper stomach is still bigger than I would like...
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    10-12 lbs. I started out in a sz 22 and am now at an 18 and they are loose. Not falling off, but I can take them off without unbuttoning. A 16 is still too tight but I have a big booty so I expect it to take another 7-10 lbs to hit that size.
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    alot of poeple wear the wrong size clothes.

ive lost 35 pounds and still wear the same size pants

yeah I'm still in UK 18's after losing 16lbs. I have a pair of 16 jeans i try every few days, ever close but not quite enough yet