best BUFFET you've ever been to...what did you eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• EyeLikeTacos
    EyeLikeTacos Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Journey is that way too. Crab Legs, Prime Rib, fresh fish, fruit, veggies, salad stuff, deserts, all kinds of goodies. Im just partial to the sushi.

OH OK Cool...then I need to make a trip to hang with you then!
  • cpachecoiii
    cpachecoiii Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Okay: If we're talking about a normal buffet that first comes to mind, then for me it has to be the Carnival Buffet at the Rio in Las Vegas. I go to Vegas about 5 times a year and always eat there.

NOW, if I can include a restaurant where it is all you can eat, then it must be Fogo de Chao at any location. I live in Kansas city, and we have one here now (praise the LORD). The first time I had it was in Houston though. I'm sure some of you have heard of it, but basically it has the BEST salad, veggie, and cheese bar ever. But that's not all. At Fogo the servers come around literally with huge skewers of all types of the best cuts of meat you will ever enjoy. So buttery and good; steaks, pork loins, chicken drums, sausages, lamb etc. It's as much meat as you can handle. My favorite place to eat, and we eat there maybe 3-4 times a year.

Calories wise, i have no idea. I eat as much meat as is possible so probably upwards of 3000 cals in one sitting. We eat so much meat it might sicken some people, but my family loves meat and we have no problem showing it.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Goucho's HANDS DOWN

all you can eat crab legs and other top notch seafood, as well as high quality meats.

It's soooooooooo good. But super expensive so we only go on birthdays (where it's buy one get one) or other special occasions.

But man can we put it down on some crab legs....
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    after reading this i'd be happy at the golden corral bout now lolz ........ NOMZ
  • cpachecoiii
    cpachecoiii Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Also, a place like Fogo or a buffet is the PERFECT place for the way I eat. Sometimes I may get a little bit of ice cream at the end, but for the most part I just murder meat and veggies until I'm content. I don't worry about menus or anything, because I can choose what fits for me. In fact, when we do eat out now, we eat more and more at buffets because everyone can hone their plates to their own needs.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    The Journey sushi buffet in Fishers Indiana. OMG ALL YOU CAN EAT SUSHI!!!! nuff said.

I love The Journey.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Bellagio buffet in Las Vegas. Best. Buffet. Ever.

AMEN!

OMG Definately the best I want to go back to Vegas just to eat there and remember when in Vegas Calories dont count :bigsmile: :wink:
  • nicolio8699
    nicolio8699 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    oooohhh- the booooofay! how i miss the boofay!

1. What was the best buffet you ever went to?
    the best? probably the golden corral breakfast. breakfast everywhere. cheap as hell. and they do have a great selection of fresh fruit, in their defense, lol

2. Estimate the calories you THINK you might have eaten there?
    3000? probably a good guess--

3. How frequently do you eat at a place like that?
    never ever ever ever ever ever ever----formerly? once a month-ish?

4. Have you changed the way you approach buffets since you've started eating healthy/exercising/trying to lower your bf?
    i do not go to the buffet at all anymore. i don't even want to actually. it is a waste of money since i could never get my moneys worth now. it used to be a game for us, tho---a horrible, fatty, gluttonous game of filth.

(edited cos i got the buffet name wrong:))
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    NOW, if I can include a restaurant where it is all you can eat, then it must be Fogo de Chao at any location
    LOVE Fogo de Chao!
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    NOW, if I can include a restaurant where it is all you can eat, then it must be Fogo de Chao at any location
    LOVE Fogo de Chao!

Agree, but mega meat como!
  • AllDayMzAmberJ
    AllDayMzAmberJ Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    OMG! Captain George's.. Williamsburg, VA
    All you can eat seafood..PLEASE AND THANK YOU! LOL

Never ending salmon, shrimp, crab legs, yummooo
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    1. What was the best buffet you ever went to?

A HEALTHY buffet in Japan! It was all about healthy, Japanese food. The only detail I remember is that you could order freshly fried tempura, but I do really want to go back, so it must have been good :laugh:

2. Estimate the calories you THINK you might have eaten there?

Probably only 1200 ish. I didn't feel over-full, so probably not more than that.

3. How frequently do you eat at a place like that?

Only a few times a year, normally, because my dh doesn't like eating that way. I would like to go more often, however.

4. Have you changed the way you approach buffets since you've started eating healthy/exercising/trying to lower your bf?

I went once when I was trying not to log and it was a bit of a disaster, as I hit the dessert buffet hard:embarassed: Last time I went, whilst logging, went really well. My 4 year old and I started with a plate heaped with salad each. Round 2 was the noodle bar, where they stir fry what you ask for, then I tried the daal and some tofu and found the daal was incredible, so went back for more, rather than the pizza I had pre-logged. For dessert we had 3 plates of watermelon (ds's idea) and I tried a little Indian sweet. It came in around 1000kcal and that's fine as my TDEE is in the mid 2000s.

Prelogging but not sticking to it seemed to be key for me :laugh: