What is your routine after your workout?

Options

Replies

• neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    after my 20 mile ride TO work-- i pull over right next to the elevator, take off helmet, headphones, sun glasses, get out my badge, and head up to shower.

after my 20 mile ride home-- i open the garage, and go straight up stairs to shower up.

veg out for the rest of the evening, and pack my stuff for the next day :)

One of the guys that works for me does that...about 20 miles each way. Awesome. I've thought about it. It's like working out without working out, more like just transportation.
  • Eagles802051
    Eagles802051 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Protein shake and a few carbs, shower, and dinner.
    Same here
  • racerscottw227
    Options
    Protein shake, stretch while listening to Miles Davis or other jazz, go outside and lay in a hammock
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I drink some water wipe off, change my cloths, maybe stretch a bit then go back to work. I get 95 percent of my workouts done during my lunch break. Not necessarily in that order.
  • emmab_73
    emmab_73 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I do Billy Blanks' PT 24/7 tae bo DVDs every morning (I take a break once every couple of weeks), so I usually down a couple of glasses of water, to replace the three gallons I've just sweated off, and then walk around the house trying to think of new not-so-swear-words that I can utter in front of my preteen daughters!
  • Teeca75
    Teeca75 Posts: 3
    Options
    Treadmill for 35 min first thing in the morning, water and coffee, then shower and off to work, insanity after work... lots of water... shower and dinner... 8 + hours of sleep :)
  • chubbachub
    chubbachub Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Die.
  • greyhoundbloke
    Options
    Lie panting on the floor until the black vanishes from around the edges of my vision :-)

Seriously, I sit on a towel in front of the PC for 10 minutes to cool down then have a stretch and a shower. Only been on the routine for 2 weeks but it seems to be working. Haven't experienced the aches and pains I have in the past when re-starting exercise after a break.
  • chubbachub
    chubbachub Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Alternatively hot bath + sleep.
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    shower then eat
  • leslielrd12
    leslielrd12 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Water - Shower - Sleep in that order! :-)

This for evening workout. Substitue work for sleep for the AM work out
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym, bust my butt, drag my exhausted butt out to my car on my jelly legs, drive home, unlock door, plop purse/gym bag on floor next to the door, sit on couch, pass out....okay, maybe I don't actually pass out, but I don't move much until bedtime about two hours later, at which point I get up and take a quick shower, then pack my gym bag and lunch for the next day.
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Stretch, chug water, collapse onto the couch ;) after that, then I decide I can muster up the energy to shower.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Guzzle water then flop on the bed under the ceiling fan until I can move again :bigsmile:
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Water - Protein Shake - Eat dinner - Shower - Bed. :smile:
  • Chou_In_Motion
    Options
    I do my workouts out of my home, using my a lot of exercise dvd's (ripped in 30, yoga, pilates, billy's bootcamp), elliptical training, and weights. After my workout, I drink a lot of water. I walk around for a few minutes to cool down. I post my exercise on MFP, then I go take a shower. I am "NOT" hungry after workout, but make myself eat.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Drink a pile of water, take a shower, stretch and have coffee. I rarely eat and no longer push myself to.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    i usually strip all of my clothes out and do a load of laundry because my gym clothes are soaked. Then I shower and change into something comfy and either have lunch or a protein shake to keep my bp up.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Log it on MFP. If it was a run, check my runkeeper stats. Drink. Shower. Then eat.
  • roxedy
    roxedy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Drink water
    Find something to do for 5 minutes or so while I cool off.
    Shower
    Protein shake
    Make breakfast if I'm hungry otherwise I start boring things like unloading the dishwasher.:tongue: