Low cal, good protein, quick to make and CRUNCHY? WOW

Options
DaSavedSinner
DaSavedSinner Posts: 211 Member
Yea I am serious! Try taking a serving of turkey pepperoni (17 for 70 cal) place on a paper towel covered plate (or bacon plate) cover with another paper towel and microwave about 1 minute. For better crisp blot off the excess grease and allow to dry out for a few minutes.

It is seriously that ez and tastes awesome!

P.S. don't quote me on this but cooking it like this "MIGHT" lower the cal as well since the small amount of grease goes into the paper towel.

Replies

• Brengild
    Brengild Posts: 127
    Options
    I always(used to) snack on pepperoni when making pizza. Tried turkey(by accident), didnt have that problem! Really didnt like it. Maybe heating helps, they get crunchy?
  • DaSavedSinner
    DaSavedSinner Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I used to make it using normal pepperoni and called it "Italian bacon" just to be funny. But yea it crisps very well and only takes 60-90 seconds to cook. But make sure you either blot the grease or cook on a paper towl since the grease leaving is what causes the crispy...i guess you could say its frying itself...
  • Brengild
    Brengild Posts: 127
    Options
    I will be trying this!
  • sophiathedss
    sophiathedss Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    mmmm.....this sounds good, thanks

11269213.png
  • adfabus
    adfabus Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I bought the turkey pepperoni and hated it but I put it in the freezer in hopes that the hubby would eat it. So I just pulled it out and microwaved it and I have to say is was SOOOO GOOOOD! I will be buying more turkey pepperoni just for this! Thanks for the post. I am headed back for more right now!!!
  • FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    yummmy - going to try this!
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this for years with regular and turkey pepperoni. I also cook my bacon extra crisp in the microwave and the calorie count is not that bad.
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    Now I'm going to have to go run across the street on my break and buy some turkey pepperoni...
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly I found that I LOVE turkey pepperoni! I'm not a fan of turkey products to replace pork (like turkey bacon = blasphemy), but the pepperoni is delish!

I will try this! Thanks!
  • di2losew8
    di2losew8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I eat turkey pepperoni all the time…going to definitely try this!
  • skinnyitaliannn
    Options
    i need to try this
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i do this and add cheese, then dip in sauce.

but i use real full fat cheese and full fat pepperoni because fat is yummy.